WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Radio Ads

admanadman subscriber Posts: 3
edited August 2006 in Marketing
Anyone here using radio to advertise?  I`d be interested to hear about your experience.

Comments

• drvnbyresultsdrvnbyresults subscriber Posts: 0
    I think it depends on what you are selling.  I`ve tried to sell cruises and I`ve promoted free admittance to large conferences and none of my radio spots have performed well.  Same thing for cable....just doesn`t produce.  However, it must be working for someone or else they wouldn`t be using radio as a advertising medium!
  • admanadman subscriber Posts: 3

Hey Adman-
    I don`t know if you are looking for advice or experiences, but I have a bit of both if you are interested.  I was in the radio business for 13 years before starting my own advertising agency a little over four years ago.  I have MANY success stories with radio with a vast array of clientele.
    I can tell you that many experience the poor results that drvnbyresults talks about above, but I can also tell you that in most cases it is due to poor copy, the wrong radio station, or an offer that simply isn`t compelling.  The vast majority of radio ads are purchased by people that simply don`t have enough experience in the medium to get the best possible results.  If you are trying to sell product through the radio I believe it to be one of the best and most efficient ways to advertise.
    If you have any questions or want to talk about this further, just let me know!
    All the best,
    Steve

Steve,
    I was curious about experiences.  You said exactly what I was going to say about the vast majority of radio advertising failures being due to weak, ineffective commercial message.  Though a second reason, though less often the case, is poor scheduling that doesn`t generate appropriate frequency.
    If anyone would like a free analysis of their campaign just ask. 
    I provide free advice and direct people to a list of preferred providors if they need a service.  I generate income from advertising on the site primarily.
    pretty good you can see some of the advice on my blog it`s under the Q&A section on the site.