WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

former wholesaler-new to retail please critique my site

angelicabangelicab subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2007 in Website Critique
I am trying my hand at being an online retailer.  I designed the site myself and I am afraid it really looks that way. My main concern is that consumers will not have confidence buying from me. I would appreciate any critique or suggestions in making my site look more professional. Thanks.http://www.kanekaiclothing.com 

Comments

• Options
    First, Thank you for your reply.Prices, I can`t believe I don`t have them. I thought that I did.  I have looked at it so many times, it`s blinding.I will remove "Home" from the home page.Unfortunately, hiring a professional is not in my budget.  I never really found a template that I liked, but I would definitely consider it.I am really taking all of your suggestions/comments in.  I am considering reworking all of the shopping pages. I better get to work.Thanks for your reply.Angelica
  • Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I agree with NHG that the photos could be better, but then I am a product photographer.  Clothing is one of the most challenging products to photograph but to improve yours I would put the clothes on some models and keep the detail photos as well.Personally, I like simple pages and I would keep your current style.  Just add more photos of the product in various backgrounds.Oh, you mentioned adding your voice to the home page.   Don`t.  Put it on an "About Us" page and don`t start playing it automatically.  In my book a website that starts playing media automatically every time I land on that page gets a failing grade.  If I want to see/hear it, I get to press "Play" - not you.Steve Mann
  • Options
    Steve,I would definitely agree that clothes are hard to photograph.  No matter how many times I smoothed them out they still look creased or wrinkled.  Now it is very clear to me that I need better pictures. Thanks for your response.  Oh, and no I won`t be puting any sound on my website, you might be thinking of someone else.  I also agree with you that keeping it simple is best, especially when you are not a web designer.Thanks again for taking the time to respond.Angelica
  • Options
    Janie,I really appreciate you taking the time to have a look.  Your response definitely confirmed that I need to have better pictures. Thanks.Angelica