WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

HTML5 Questions

NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
In the last 9 months, I've been transitioning from XHTML and CSS2.0 and implementing HTML5 and CSS3.0 and my questions to Microsoft are? Why do they likes to hold the rest of the world back? Why is it only new when they say it's new? and why can't they just offer IE updates for older browsers such as IE7 and IE8 that will support new html tags?
What I mean by holding back everyone is they do not support all of the new tags in html5 only if you update your browser to IE9. I am not saying that its not good practice to update your machine frequently. But for many people updating their computer tends to be an issue especially in large corporations and Government some machines are still running Windows 95.
If there are any developers out there that are having the same issues I would like to hear from you, and please don't suggest me to use the shim [those are hacks] will there be a day where developers be able to deliver cross-browser compatible web sites without the need of hacks?
Hacks, come in handy... but you can't depend heavily on them to render a web site correctly. Some smart phones or should I say most of them don't support javascripts.
If any one has any css tricks up their sleeves that may help fix the border-radius tag, or the section tag please help out...

Comments