WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

ELEGANTCUSTOMJEWELERS.COM HOW DO I MAKE MY BUSINESS GROW?

ECJ68ECJ68 subscriber Posts: 3
edited January 2007 in Marketing
WE ARE A SMALL JEWELRY STORE.  WE OFFER CUSTOM MADE BRIDAL JEWELRY, PROM JEWELRY AND ANY OTHER SPECIAL OCCASION.
ELEGANT CUSTOM JEWELERS HAS A WIDE VARIETY OF DESIGNER INSPIRED STERLING SILVER JEWELRY AND ACCESSORIES.
I HAVE TRIED THESE CLICK THINGS WHERE YOU HAVE TO PAY PER CLICK.
THAT DID NOTHING.
I NEED TO FIND OUT HOW TO GET OUR NAME OUT THERE.
ANY SUGGESTIONS?
 ECJ682007-1-3 20:23:17

Comments

• Options
    adampurcelladampurcell subscriber Posts: 0
    As you just looking at online? or local?
  • Options
    ChuckChuck subscriber Posts: 6
    You mentioned that you`ve tried a PPC campaign, can you provide any further details about that - what was the budget, keywords, ad copy, targeting (national or local)?  It would seem like it would make sense for a high-end item like yours, and it might have simply been the execution.Also wanted to advise avoiding the ALL CAPS - makes it more difficult to read (at least in my opinion).
  • Options
    turkishturkish subscriber Posts: 5
    i second the all caps... PPC may be difficult for those just trying to gain exposure via online because you`re going against those that have the big bucks to pay for top spots. I would say read up and study your keywords, effective ad writing, and maybe even consider skipping Adwords and looking more towards the smaller PPC networks, you`ll save more in the long run, drive traffic to your site for much less, and buy yourself some time gaining exposure while waiting to get listed in the big search engines. I hope this helps... maybe even try liquidating some of your out dated items on ebay. You may turn a profit while gaining exposure as well...
  • Options
    daleyfla99daleyfla99 subscriber Posts: 1
    There are 1 million jewelry sites on the web.  You have a niche.  Do your list building online and off.  Advertise directly on bridal sites, join a bridal webring and take your jewelry to local wedding dress stores.  Wedding and bridal shows as well.
    My stuff mostly sells from home parties.  Advertise that you have shower gifts.  Most areas have bridal registries, local bridal mags, local directories of all sorts.  Hit it!
  • Options
    JUST FOR INFO, I AM LEGALLY BLIND.  HENCE THE REASON FOR THE CAPS, I CAN`T SEE UNLESS CAPS OR VERY LARGE LETTERS.  I THINK I WILL STICK TO CAPS - SORRY.
    I KNOW THIS IS A BIG ISSUE WITH EVERYONE.  I HAVE ABOUT 15 OR MORE PEOPLE MENTION IT.
    I HOPE MORE PEOPLE WILL GIVE THIS VETERAN A LITTLE BREAK ON CAPS.
  • Options
    THANK YOU.  WILL DO DALEYFLA99
  • Options
    weitzweitz subscriber Posts: 0
      I HAVE NO IDEA ON WHAT YOUR BUDGET IS, BUT IF YOU WANT TO MAKE MONEY, YOU`VE GOT TO SPEND MONEY.
    I WOULD VISIT MALLS OR BIG STORES WERE BRIDES PUT THEIR SHOWER OR WEDDING GIFT LIST, JUST TO FIND OUT WHO`S GETTING MARRIED AND SEND THEM A COMPANY GIFT [ FLOWERS,FRUIT, ETC, ] CONGRATULATING THEM. OFFER THEM A SPECIAL DISCOUNT OR GIVE THEM A VOUCHER THEY CAN USE TO BUY A GIFT WHEN THEY HAVE THEIR FIRST WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, BUT REMEMBER TO REMIND THEM WHEN THEIR ANIVERSARY IS NEAR THAT THEY HAVE A VOUCHER OR DISCOUNT THEY RECEIVED FROM YOU ALMOST A YEAR AGO.
    ALSO OFFER THEM A MONEY BONUS FOR EVERY REFERAL THAT BUYS SOMETHING IN YOUR STORE. THEY JUST HAVE TO WALK IN AND MENTION THE COUPLES NAME AND THEY WILL ALSO GET AN EXTRA % OF DISCOUNT WITH THEIR FIRST PURCHASE.
    CONTACT WEDDING GOWN STORES, WEDDING SPECIALTY CAKES, ETC, ANYONE IN THE BRIDAL BUSINESS AND HAVE THEM ALLOW YOU TO DISPLAY BUSINESS CARDS OR SOME TYPE OF ADVERTISING WITHIN THEIR STORE AND OFFER THEM YOU WILL DO THE SAME IN YOUR STORE AND IF YOU GOT A GOOD RELATIONSHIP OFFER THEM A % COMMISSION FOR EACH REFERAL THAT BUYS FROM YOU.
    THAT`S SOMETHING TO START WITH. GOOD LUCK,
    ROWEITZ@YAHOO.COM</A>
  • Options
    FYI I finally located a software to make the letters larger for me only.  No more caps.  All shall be happy again.
  • Options
    AlexiusAlexius subscriber Posts: 1
    How about recording videos on how the creators craft the jewelleries and let the craftors talk about the inspirations behind each pieces? Jewelleries are aesthetic products which need `artistic platforms` to communicate to the customers. You can create a 3-4 minute short clips and post on various video sites like youtube and veoh and then link it to your website. Try to add in some sensational music and visuals to set the mood. I hope you like my idea and good luck!!!

http://alexius-locker.blogspot.com/</A>