WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Internet Marketing. Where???

efreebiesefreebies subscriber Posts: 2
edited June 2008 in Marketing
Hi everyone, I`m new here. I am pretty clueless on internet marketing.  Can someone please tell me a good place to market your website for free?  I`ve used Yahoo Answers, but got accused of violating their terms of use, which I still don`t understand why.  I have considered YouTube.  Any ideas are appreciated!!  Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    processprocess subscriber Posts: 4
  • Options
    rfreshrfresh subscriber Posts: 0
    Start with the free classifieds websites. There are many available and they are free. Google around and you`ll find them.
  • Options
    startuphelperstartuphelper subscriber Posts: 2
    You can also join other discussion forums that relate to your product/service and put your link in your signature (just like you did here) and get the word out that way.

Writing short articles, that again relate to your service/product,  and distributing to article directories allows other web sites to place your article on their sites. Your link will appear at the end of the article. The more directories you use the more exposure you will get.

Of course using great SEO (search engine optimization) techniques is still extremely important if you want to be picked up by search engines.

• Options
    DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141

You can also join other discussion forums that relate to your product/service and put your link in your signature (just like you did here) and get the word out that way.  Writing short articles, that again relate to your service/product,  and distributing to article directories allows other web sites to place your article on their sites. Your link will appear at the end of the article. The more directories you use the more exposure you will get.  Of course using great SEO (search engine optimization) techniques is still extremely important if you want to be picked up by search engines.    That`s outstanding advice, Sylvia! I agree with everything you said. Dale King