WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

(Untitled)

CafeElisaCafeElisa subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2007 in Website Critique
We`ve been online since September and I think I`ve got most of the problems ironed out now. We`ve been running various ads on the e-mail reader program Eudora that has attacted several thousand clicks to our website
www.cafeelisa.com, but I have to confess to less than stellar results. A trial with Google adwords was a complete bust due to low click-through.

Please have a look and let me know what I might do to entice more people to place an order.

Thanks.

EdCafeElisa2007-1-4 14:48:53

Comments

• ChuckChuck subscriber Posts: 6
    What was the ad copy and keyword set used for your Adwords campaign?
  • CafeElisaCafeElisa subscriber Posts: 1
    The keywords were
    arabica
    gourmet coffee
    gourmet coffees

and the ad was
    The Finest Gourmet Coffee
    Enticing arabica coffee grown on
    our own plantation in Panama
    www.cafeelisa.com

We had a $50 coupon and exhausted most of it without getting a single order.

Ed
  • MNGrillGuyMNGrillGuy subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    I think people probably need to taste it before they will buy it or search for it.  Have you considered getting your coffee into local restaurants.  Give um a good deal and ask that they allow you to do some small advertising in the restaurant.  Maybe sell the beans at the restaurant as an add-on at the ticket counter.  Just a thought.   
  • BizAtTheBeachBizAtTheBeach subscriber Posts: 0
    I think you should try a real low cost trial of your coffee.  The sampler at $5-$6 for 4oz. (including the shipping) is not competitive enough to get people to try it. Buying whole bean coffee in trial amounts is available at all the grocery stores for between $8-$14 a POUND including organic and micro-roasters, etc. If it`s as good as you say it is, then you will turn them into repeat customers.  Coffee has become such a commodity product with supermarkets offering several different independent brands in addition to the major ones that you`re going to need a real call to action to get someone to pick your coffee over the magnitude of options.  I wish you luck, I enjoy a good cup of coffee and find myself trying many different types to find good ones, but like I said, I can try just a few ounces for about $1-$2 to see if I like it before I will start to buy it by the pound.
    Kevin