WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Made changes to my errand running site

aaronserrandsaaronserrands subscriber Posts: 6
edited July 2007 in Website Critique
I made some of the recommended changes to my site please critique it again. All of you are so helpful.

Comments

• Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    <deleted>
    Videography2007-7-10 19:19:33
  • Options
    madnonniemadnonnie subscriber Posts: 2
    i like it alot more! its to the point and leaves little to user to try and figure out. i would make a few small changes listed below:
    1 - change your font on the tag line - "we work you play" - its doesn`t pop - its a great line and you need to make it visible -
    2 - on the upper right you have your phone number and description : errand running service" while i like it there - i think you should either move it to the center / lower middle of the site and again make the description more visible, change the color/font.
    3 - it seems to have a feminine flair to it, colors ect... i would change that to more neutrals
    over all i like it and i think you have a great idea!
    jeff

i
  • Options
    what colors do you think would work?
    aaron

• Options
    madnonniemadnonnie subscriber Posts: 2
    aaron, i am not a graphics person in the least, only an end user with a little experience in the internet world. that was my opinion and others may disagree. that being said,  i would pose the question the group and go with the consensus. as a unbiased consumer i think you should make the colors a little more neutral. i always go to the top sites for direction, startupnation for instance, orange red blue green ect... you don`t want to go with the browns because it will kill the pop that you are trying to achieve - maybe even go with some crazy colors what ever just make it pop - you are on the right track, jeff
  • Options
  • Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I think that I mentioned before, a page that is all flash is unsearchable, thus the search engines will never find you.  Also, some spam blocking software thinks that a page that is all flash (or all one image file) is spam.I am curious, though.  Why all flash?Overall, your improvements have made a tremendous difference in the quality of the site.  Like Craig, I don`t see the point of the slide show.  I suspect that the people who use your service will not be doing it to allow more time to party.  It`s going to be the busy executive who can`t leave the office but he absolutely needs his suit from the cleaners tomorrow morning.  It`s going to be the housewife who has ten things on the plate and remembers the dog`s grooming appointment.One thing that`s seriously missing from your home page is - where are you?  Maybe the "Serving Broward and Palm Beach counties in Central Florida." should go with the phone number.  I shouldn`t have to go to the "Contact Us" page to find out that you aren`t even in my state.  (This is a common mistake).Steve Mann
  • Options
    rrunnerrrunner subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi, when I think of targeting the upper class,  I would maybe consider losing the cutesy pictures and some simple, more elegant colors like a beige/maroon color scheme for example.  but like I said, I`m far from being any sort of marketing expert.  Simply put, I have a hard time picturing a C.E.O. pushing his wife around in a grocery cart or he/she even considering the idea fun.  I do however like your set-up as far as things being easy to find.  I sincerely hope I didn`t offend you.  I will be putting up my web-site soon for everyone critique so be sure to have at it!!!    Good luck with your business!
  • Options
    cma01cma01 subscriber Posts: 0
    Beyond what others have already posted, my main comment would be that if you are only going to have a one column site, I would make it fixed width and narrower.  The eyes really wander going back and forth across the page.I`m not sure who your target market is, but that pink says elementary school to me.Some other pinks that might work would be:Cerise #DA3287Cerise Red #DE3163Charm  #D47494 (a little more greyed)Deep Blush #E47698Flirt #A2006DFrench Rose #F64A8AFresh Eggplant #990066Hibiscus #B6316CHollywood Cerise #F400A1 (this is  very close to what you have but not so bubble gummy)Hot Pink #FF69B4Jazberry Jam #A50B5E