WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Need advice for funding

Rob81Rob81 subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2006 in Startup Funding
Hello Everyone,
    Sorry this is my first post, however I find myself in a unique situation.  I pitched an idea to a school district that I know of (I use to work there and know the superattendent well) it turns out he put me in front of 3 other school districts because he liked the idea so much that now all 4 of them are interested. 
    I will post my idea later (I don`t want anyone running off with it ) but they combined I can take in 800,000 dollars a year with just these 4 schools.  Only catch, I have NO SOURCE of funding, PERIOD.
    If I went to a bank or venture capitalist group and showed them signatures verifiying contracts if I can get the capital to start this comapy, would they loan or invest in my idea?  If not, how can I go about this if I already have clients interested?
Thanks!Rob

Comments

• keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Rob,
    Signed contracts are used as and can be used as collateral. I have done it. It`s a great way to start a business. Really depends on the lender. But it sounds to me as if you have something very concrete in hand. I`m no lawyer, but if I were you, I`d spend some money and get some good contracts written before going to the lender and taking their money.
    R@