WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How to learn more about a specific market...

PhxGuy520PhxGuy520 subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2008 in Business Planning
I have an idea for a online company. The market currently exist but I think my twist will drive users my direction. The idea is in the area of collecting customer data and selling it to companies...similar to online survey companies but again with a different "hook".

For example I would like to find out what companies pay for this customer info?
Do the companies provide the survey or is the survey company creating the surveys for their clients?
What do the surveys companies pay their customers per survey? (I think I could get an idea of this by simply signing up for one, but thought I would ask)

I have no problems doing the research but looking for a place to start.

Thanks,

Doug

Comments

• PhxGuy520PhxGuy520 subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks so much for replying. Actually you gave me a good idea of how I might get things started. That is how I would go about building my customer base/list that I could then sale to companies or data list companies; which I hope in turn would come back to me to solicit surveys tailored to certain slice of my user base.

I guess one thing I need to figure out is how I specifically go about selling this data to the data list companies.

Thanks again