WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Questions about startup salaries...

CommandantCommandant subscriber Posts: 2
Knowing that startups need great people but often times have no money, how much would you pay executives, managers, and associates?  I know this may differ from company to company, so I`m interested in knowing how you may have handled this situation in your company.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    StartupLawGuyStartupLawGuy subscriber Posts: 2
    I`m no expert in the HR/personnel area and so I can`t say what the dollar value of pay should be, but often times, new ventures are able to attract and retain good people with equity in the business.  There are numerous considerations in doing this, since paying with equity may end up being far more expensive (in terms of the value of the ownership given up once the business is succesful) than paying with dollars.  
    There are also some legal considerations in doing this, especially if you want to maintain control of the company.  Have you thought of going this route?