WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Register a LLC in NV and more ??

lyrixlyrix subscriber Posts: 2
edited November 2008 in Business Planning
Hi, Gurus, I am so new to small biz, so please excuse me if these questions sound stupid but i have done some research on the internet and couldn`t find a sure answer...
so i wanted to start my website, social networking sort and business income will come from google adsense and affiliates referral, etc. so no office, warehouse...
My brief research tells me starting with a LLC registered in NV is a good choice for this type of business. So my following step is to find a resident agent that registers the LLC for me, and this is where the confusion begin:
1. I talked with a few agents such as smallbizincorporator.com, but i was told although they have a NV address that my company will legally register at, i can`t really use that to open bank account or tell my customer that`s the mailing address of the company. How do you deal with that? I assume it`s common question for delware/navada registered company?
2. Do i need a NV license to operate my website? Some says yes, some says not.

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    There is VERY little advantage to forming an LLC in Nevada if you don`t live there. There are costs to maintain it from out of state. So I recommend setting up your LLC in the State where you reside.
  • lyrixlyrix subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks for your comment, but i thought in NV, you pay zero tax, no? I also enjoyed experience of living in different parts of the States, so it maybe helpful to have the company registered in NV if i move to California or Florida in the future.
  • ePhaseNetworksePhaseNetworks subscriber Posts: 1
    To be honest, I believe in most states you still have to pay a filing tax which equates to about $200.
    By forming an LLC your seeking protection under the entity yet not filing corporate taxes. To be 100% honest, I would suggest you to register an LLC in the state your in.ePhaseNetworks5/7/2008 5:05 PM
    Thanks for your comment, but i thought in NV, you pay zero tax, no? I also enjoyed experience of living in different parts of the States, so it maybe helpful to have the company registered in NV if i move to California or Florida in the future.
    Nevada does not have a corporate income tax (unlike most other States). However, an LLC is a pass through tax entity - so it does not pay "corporate" income taxes in any state.
    You will be expected (required) to pay income taxes to the State in which you reside (unless it is one of the 4 that doesn`t have a personal income tax).
    So I repeat - there is little advantage to setting up you LLC in Nevada.
    By the way - although Nevada doesn`t have a corporate income tax - there is a "fee" of $200 per year to keep your LLC "current". Oh, you will also have to pay for a "registered Agent" - (who is located in Nevada) whcih typically runs between $200-$300 per year.robertj2008-5-7 17:18:49
    Send me a PM and I`ll give you the name of someone who can help you.