WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Selling Stock To raise money

JamesHoganJamesHogan subscriber Posts: 4
edited December 2007 in Startup Funding
I got a question, me and my dad was talking about my company getting
incorporated and the question came about raising capitol and thought
about selling stock to raise capitol. Now im thinking is this a good
idea to expand and raise capitol to fund what im trying to do? or would
this make my company publicly owned?

Comments

• JamesHoganJamesHogan subscriber Posts: 4
    well the company is new revenues so far has been about 12,000 and we started a month ago
  • robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    1. Selling stock in a company -does not (in and of itself) make the company "publicly owned". The process for becoming publicly owned is extensive.
    2. Whether selling stock to acquire capital is a good idea depends upon several factors including:

How much capital you will need

How you feel about having investors

The "capital readiness" of you and your business

3. Be aware that there are laws and regulations that govern the sale of stock (whether public or private).

robertj12/27/2007 11:27 AM
  • KingDingalingKingDingaling subscriber Posts: 0

So James...... Your website is all over ripoffreports.com advising evryone not to use your website. Noone recieves their orders, and the ones that do recieve there purchases get fakes and ripoffs. I know this because Me and several other customers have made contact through email. When you purc hase your item, you receive an email from shopcorrect.com telling you they processed your order, five minutes later a fraud website awoogah.com tells you that they are processing your order. You make sure to charge the credit card and not send the product. Weve contacted the Better Buisness Bourea and several others have alerted internet authoritys. What your doing is an outrage, its only a matter of time before you and your website are shut down. You seem like an honest guy just trying to start a buisness, but theres corruption going on in your website