WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Branch vs. online banking for e-business?

TrueGRITSTrueGRITS subscriber Posts: 3
Hi all,
I have banked online for years and literally haven`t had a branch bank since my high school job at the mall.  Online has worked out fine for my personal direct deposit needs, but what about business?  Can you manage an online business with an online bank or do you need a branch?  If you need a branch, will a smaller, regional bank work or do you need one of those national powerhouses?  (I loathe Bank of America and there`s no WaMu in my area code.)
Thanks,
Diana

Comments

• Options
    NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    The best bet is to go with a large bank if there`s one around you or perhaps Citizen Business Bank or something like that. There is really no big difference between a business and a personal account the only thing some banks charge fees if it`s a business account. Personally I use WAMU for my business Banking. and I use a payment gateway such as linkpoint or Authorize.net to accept online payments (online gateway).
  • Options
    LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    I do most of my personal and business banking online - with WaMu.  About two years ago WaMu built a new branch about 2.5 blocks from my home studio.  Visits to the branch, and the fact I have a business P.O. Box, do occasionally give me the needed excuse to take a shower, get dressed and go out into the world to interact with other real live humans.- J.