WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

market research question-manufacturing

ark23ark23 subscriber Posts: 4
edited May 2008 in Business Planning
Hi!
I apologise if this is the incorrect forum,I do believe it relates to business planning..
I`m currently in the midst of market research,gathering all sorts of data required for my retail business. I do however have a business idea that is currently untapped in australia(
There is definitely a market in australia for it,I know who my main competitor would be(similar concept in bringing it to customer but in a different group i guess).
I have assumed that manufacturing would be cost effective way to do "X".
Now the australian federal budget was released today and after working out the numbers..I still think what I`ve got in mind is still viable..
As much as I need to be getting along with my money raising efforts online I just can`t stop thinking about this idea "X". So i`ve decided i need to contact some manufacturing equipment manufacturer`s  who are located in USA.
I`ll be doing this via email. (I have no money,and not in business)
How do I come across as professional without sounding like a broke wannabe? LOL
I don`t want to sound like I`m ready to purchase straight away.
All i want to know is cost of purchasing the turnkey manufacturing line and shipping costs.
Do i keep the email to one line or two..or write it out like a proper business letter?
(and yes i can write good business emails..I`m just a lazy typist when it comes to forum posts sometimes)
What do you recommend? It`s strange,i`ve sent many emails requesting info before..but contacting what could turn into big $$ transaction down the track is just a tad daunting..
Alternatively,
Does anyone know here..
the average cost of manufacturing equipment?
the average costs of international shipping?
average costs in starting a manufacturing business? (not counting marketing,delivering it customer-I just need startup cost estimates..)
I would appreciate any help. If this idea is going to cost way more than retail business idea ..well i`ll have to work out an implementation timeline. It would be a shame becuase I think time is of the essence..
Thanks,
Arcanus
ps; sorry for the rush and long winded post..