WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

selling plants online

tazdacattazdacat subscriber Posts: 2
edited May 2010 in Business Planning
I have an Idea for selling a specific plant that is in great demand online...I have some stock to start up with...But I`m no salesman...what can I do?

Comments

• Options
    Brian77Brian77 subscriber Posts: 3
    who is your target market? 
    is the plant  a specific cultivar or just a plain jane species?
    is the plant patented?
    Probably alot of these questions could be answered with a solid business plan
    My backround is in nursery propagation and  production and I have been working myself on selling plants online-email me if you have any specific questions
  • Options
    tazdacattazdacat subscriber Posts: 2
    I wouldn`t know where to start on a business plan but I could see the usefullness of one . I want to sell Salvia Divinorum cuttings which is completely legal here in Canada.
    and mabe later start selling other legal enthogens and rare and unusual plants .Lots of websites offer this plant But most are always out of stock.tazdacat2007-6-28 17:20:50
  • Options
    infiniqueinfinique subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    First you need to get a website done up. Next, setup the online payment gateway. Next try to find out the rates for shipment and incorporate that into the whole selling price.