WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

no toilet paper or mouse traps

daMandaMan subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2008 in Business Planning
I own two active stores and a vacant lot on the same street in the same town. There are anywhere from 4,000 to 10,000 people who travel this street each and every day. My question is, except for toilet paper or mouse traps, what do these people need that I can sell to them? Does anyone have a product that you have developed that hasn`t had the exposure? Any off the top ideas?
Thanks in advance for anything.
I wasn`t sure if this is the correct area to post, but here goes...

Comments

• daMandaMan subscriber Posts: 1
    I think that at this point "random at best" is what I would like to hear. I`ve done some market analysis relating to my current business` only to come up with what everyone is trying to provide in the same specific market. I think the question I should ask is "In general what do we as an average American need?"  Like toilet paper, it should be obvious but not necessarily something that would come to mind at first blush. Maybe not come to mind with a great deal of thought even, as it would or could be so obvious (`can`t see the forest for the trees` sorta thing).
    The street is what I would call busy. The traffic is mostly cars at 30 mph and 100 feet away. Plenty of parking and visibility. The stores are a Medical Supply (your basic stuff, wheelchairs, braces, uniforms, wound care, etc.) the other a fast signs type of store(banners, magnets, prints, plastic faces, etc). Only other stores like them are 3/4 mile away.
    Thanks
  • daleyfla99daleyfla99 subscriber Posts: 1
    Beer, cigarettes, videos, video games and lottery tickets.  Everybody stops for those.  Still need more information. What do you think will sell in your area.  What would you, your spouse or your children buy?  Then sell that.

Racing equipment/decorations and stuff for cars seems to sell.  Ice Cream.  Italian Ices.  Bakery.

Sell what we WANT.  The grocery store sells what we need.
    daleyfla995/22/2008 1:58 PM