WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Corporate name change question LLC

beachdibeachdi subscriber Posts: 10
edited July 2007 in Protecting Your Ideas
PLEASE HELP me understand the change below.
I am currently incorporated as an LLC in the state of florida, I need to change my corporate name.  Which I was about to do, via a form/snail mail, and a $25 fee...but then I saw the below. 
what does the following mean???? (copied from State of  Florida website) http://www.sunbiz.org/llc_names.html</A> 
Legislative Changes for LLC Names
Sections 608.406 and 608.407, Florida Statutes, were amended during the 2007 legislative session. Effective July 1, 2007, the name of a new limited liability company and the new name of an existing limited liability company must be distinguishable from the names of all other filings filed with the Division of Corporations, except for fictitious name registrations and general partnership registrations. The name must also contain the words "limited liability company," the abbreviation "L.L.C.," or the designation "LLC" as the last words of the name. "Limited Company," the abbreviation "L.C.," and the designation "LC," are no longer acceptable suffixes.

Comments