WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

car rental business seeking to expand inventary

dappadappa subscriber Posts: 2
edited December 2006 in Selecting a Business
hi as you no the holidays are upon us and alot of people will hire cars for a good time.
i currently have 7 cars in my business but are looking to getsome new vehicles any sugguestion.
thank you

Comments

• rajinenterprisesrajinenterprises subscriber Posts: 3
    Do you want to get cars permantly? Check out auctions. Most big name rental companies have auctions of their stock and you can get some good deals. Speak with prior to the auction and see if you can get a bulk rate deal.
    If you want brand new, work out a deal with a local dealership to purchase X amount exclusively from them and you will provide some sort of advertising for the company for some monetary break on the price.

Just a couple of ideas.
  • turkishturkish subscriber Posts: 5
    Do you want to get cars permantly? Check out auctions. Most big name rental companies have auctions of their stock and you can get some good deals. Speak with prior to the auction and see if you can get a bulk rate deal.
    If you want brand new, work out a deal with a local dealership to purchase X amount exclusively from them and you will provide some sort of advertising for the company for some monetary break on the price.That is some great advice... I would check auctions, auto auctions online and off, government and police repos... I assume you have contractors and auto shops that you work with exclusively, if so, then auctions would be the best route. I don`t know about New car dealerships, at least maybe not the big names but the mom and pops that need to move old models fast... maybe you can work on a lease-option type deal or contract with them.