WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Did I Hit The Target? - www.medical-device-toolbox.com

ToolguyToolguy subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2008 in Website Critique
Hello SUN,
This is my first post so bear with me, I will do my best to layout all of my questions.
I am a medical device professional and over the years I have struggled to find the resources that I need to answer questions that arise over the course of my daily activities.  As I conceptualized this web site I was trying to address that issue, more specifically to provide a dedicated resource for medical device professionals.  However, as you can imagine, this was a large task, so I broke it up into smaller parts.  So to begin, I have decided to focus on entry level engineering/medical device professional type resources.  This would include industry summaries, job search tools, and other resources focus on answering common questions that arise.  That being said, here is a link to the website:  Medical Device Toolbox
Any feedback is welcome, but here are some of the initial questions that I have:Format- Does the current format portray the expected image/professionalism of a medical device related company/website.Content- Does the initial content fit your expectations?  What about the format of the information?Other Monitization methods- current plan is based solely on traffic, are there any other methods that I can tap into?Anything else?
Thanks for the input, looking forward to the comments!
Regards,
David Skinlo
Medical Device Toolbox

Comments

• Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    Welcome to the group.  Got your flame suit on?1) It doesn`t have a professional "feel".  The colors, mostly, though I can`t quite put my hands on it right off.2) There`s only one "M" in "Coming Soon". Misspelled words don`t look professional.3) The "About" page.  One of the worst that I`ve seen in a while.  What does all that personal history tell me about the site?  And all that negativity says that you are likely to fail at this, too.  Tell the viewer positive things about you, the industry and why this site is a must-see for them.
  • Options
    Steve,
    I would be lying if I said that I was not a bit rocked by your critic, that being said you did warn me and after I settled down I can see your point.  I really appreciate the feedback and agree with all of the points!  Even the last one, which I was surprised by, but when I re-read it I can see your point...it was not my intention to be negative...but it does seem to come across that way!
    I will get right on the updates, the professional part may take some time, but it is all part of the process!
    Thank you sincerly for the direct and Very helpful feedback!
  • Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I went back and looked again for what struck me as non-professional.  It was the toolbox you were using as an icon.  It`s kind of cartoonish.  Maybe if you tried something like an old-style Doctor`s Bag, or an image of something in the medical devices world that visitors could identify with.Sorry if I was too harsh...
  • Options
    Steve,
    No worries on the level of harshness, I have thick skin and just want to make this site an effective resource!  More specifically, this is my first complete web site concept, so I figure there will be a few bumps along the way!  All part of the process!
    Your comments were totally constructive and I have actually just email a designer friend of mine to help me redesign the "feel" of the site.
    I will keep you posted on my progress!
    Thanks again!