WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Need Idea’s

aedavisaedavis subscriber Posts: 7
edited August 2007 in Public Relations
Hello
I am opening up a Cosmetology School and I can`t advertise it yet because it will get me in trouble. But how do I get my name out there to let them know that I will be opening up a school with out breaking any rules or laws

Comments

• PRProPRPro subscriber Posts: 25
    Hi There,
    What kind of "trouble" and "rules and laws" are you talking about? If you can give me a rough idea, I may be able to help you.
    Thanks,
    Melanie
  • ToddFToddF subscriber Posts: 3
    Yes please give us some details, My wife and I own a salon and we discussed opening a school. I`d love to get some input from you.
  • PRProPRPro subscriber Posts: 25
    In addition to Jennifer`s good comments, you may want to start promoting yourself as an expert in your field. If possible, give presentations at local organizations where your target audience will be.
    You could give out a free brochure or "tip sheet" on your expertise for those people who provide you with their e-mail addresses. Tell them you have some exciting news and information coming up in the future, and they will be the first to hear about it. Then, when you are ready to open for business, you`ll already have a list of potential clients ready for marketing purposes.
    Just a thought...
    Thanks,
    Melanie