WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

3 Website Readability Faux Pas

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited December 2010 in Marketing
During the course of my work day, I visit dozens of websites, both for business and entertainment purposes. Far too often, I come across websites that are committing major readability faux pas. For example:1. Reverse Print. In case you don't know what reverse print is, it's white or light text on a black or dark colored background. This is a major readability faux pas. Why? Because it's murder on the eyes that's why. And no, that's not my opinion, it's a fact. Research has shown that heavy doses of reverse print irritates the reader and causes eye fatigue. Black or dark text on a white or light-colored background is easier on the eyes, and much more reader-friendly. If you want to use reverse print...Continue reading 3 Website Readability Faux Pas.David Jackson