WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Why You Need a Subscriber List to Grow Your Business

2»

Comments

• Options
    DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    Ah, well it was implied, since you quoted me, and I didn`t see anything in this thread at all that referred to that (since I looked, to be sure).
    My mistake.*smiles*

Here`s one thing I`ve learned about human nature in my 43 years on this earth, and I`m guilty of this as well:

"Consciously or subconsciously, we tend to give people we like the benefit of the doubt, when it comes to their words or actions. Conversely, we  always find fault with the words and actions of people we`re not so fond of."

David Jackson
    DavidJackson4/16/2009 1:41 PM
  • Options
    Perhaps it`s that you don`t like me.

I harbor no ill will toward you.

David Jackson
  • Options
    I think you tend to be a bit argumentative, and I think you enjoy it.

More assumptions. I don`t enjoy arguing. I actually detest arguing. I always have. That being said, if I truly believe in something with all of my heart, I will aggressively defend my position - sometimes to a fault. You choose to define that as argumentative. I choose to define it as passion.

I also realize not everyone is going to like me - for whatever reason. And I`m fine with that.

David Jackson

DavidJackson4/16/2009 3:14 PM
  • Options
    I just have a tendency to not bring the passionate opinions I have out to play. I prefer to stay as respectful and open as possible, especially in forums and online venues where things are easily misconstrued.

Well, sense we`re being honest and openly communicating, from my perspective, when it came to me, you had no problem making wrong assumptions or bringing passionate opinions into play, even though you don`t know me. I found that very disrespectful.

David Jackson
    DavidJackson4/16/2009 3:25 PM
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Sounds like some word smithing going on. Let`s check the definitions...

An argument is an oral disagreement; verbal opposition; contention; altercation; a discussion offering differing points of view.

A discussion (passionate or otherwise) is an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., esp. to explore solutions; informal debate.

To be argumentative is fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious.

So person A may belive that person B is argumentative based upon observing that person B participates in arguments. It (argumentative) is not an assumption, but an opinion based upon person A`s observation.

Arguing is not a derogatory term, but some people take it to be such.

~Roland
    vwebworld4/16/2009 3:27 PM
  • Options
    Roland, I`m going to say this is gently as I can.

Heather and I are attempting to work through our differences. I would appreciate it kindly if you stayed out of it. You are not helping, nor is it your intention to help. We both know what your intentions are. I`ll leave it at that.

David Jackson
  • Options
    Hmmm. I`ll admit I made a mistake david. I have no problem with that.

I made mistakes as well. And like you, I have no problem admitting that. That being said, I see no reason to continue this any further, so I`ll leave it at that.

David Jackson
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40

Roland, I`m going to say this is gently as I can.  Heather and I are attempting to work through our differences. I would appreciate it kindly if you stayed out of it. You are not helping, nor is it your intention to help. We both know what your intentions are. I`ll leave it at that. David Jackson
    Excuse me! "nor is it your intention to help" That is an incorrect assumption. I was trying to present impartial information. Because I think the root issue in these latest public posts is simply a misunderstanding of the meaning of "argument". I`m sorry if my contribution is of no help to you or Heather. Sincerely, ~Rolandvwebworld4/16/2009 3:48 PM
  • Options
    Excuse me!
     "nor is it your intention to help" That is an incorrect assumption. I was trying to present impartial information. Because I think the root issue in these latest public posts is simply a misunderstanding of the meaning of "argument".     My mistake. I stand corrected, Roland. David Jackson