WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Why You Shouldn`t Twitter

1235»

Comments

• DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    I have to say that the use of twitter really depends on what your goal is for using twitter.  If you simply have an online store then probably not the best way to use your time.

I couldn`t disagree more. If you have an online store, you are limited only by your imagination. Twitter has an estimated 10 million users. How is that a bad thing?

David Jackson
  • StellasmithStellasmith subscriber Posts: 0
    I also recently joined twitter but do not know much about it. Still i do not know the features and functions of the twitter. Can anybody tell what exactly we can do in the twitter? how it can be helpful?
    My personal opinion is that I think Twitter is a phase and I`d be surprised if it stays around for long.

Twitter is a phase? Are you kidding?

All I know is that in the 3 weeks I`ve been using Twitter, I`ve increased my affiliate sales and my traffic. I`ve made invaluable business contacts and a few friends. Even if you believe Twitter is just a phase, (though it`s clearly not) why not take advantage of its estimated 10 million users?

Really, you can use Twitter anyway you like. You can use it to build a mailing list. - to announce specials or discounts - to take surveys - to announce new blog posts. Brick and mortar stores can use it to take orders like one coffee shop is doing. Authors can use it to post book excerpts. I`ll be using it to announce the launch of my new website.

I could go on and on and on. The point is you are limited only by your imagination.

David Jackson
    DavidJackson5/20/2009 7:14 PM

Twitter works well for my business. It`s fast, easy to locate, pinpoint and focus on your niche markets. I`ve reached far more people with twitter conversations than with other social networking.     I couldn`t agree more. David Jackson