WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Guaranteed Income: New Subscribers Should Be Priority One

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited March 2009 in Marketing
When you design your website, it should be designed with certain goals in mind, as to what you want your visitors to do. For example, I have three main goals for my visitors.

1. I want them to subscribe to receive blog updates.

2. I want them to purchase the affiliate products I sell.

3. I want them to tell others about my blog.

Now here`s the great thing about all of the goals that I`ve established for my visitors. If I do my job correctly, I can achieve each and every one of my goals.
Let`s take each goal, and break it down so that you can see what I`m talking about.
The number one thing I want my visitors to do is subscribe to receive my blog updates. So, I placed the subscription form at the top right hand side of my blog, so that it`s easy to find.
Does it work?
You bet it does! A whopping 30 percent of my visitors subscribe to receive my blog updates! That`s an outstanding subscription ratio. From what I`m hearing, most marketers are only realizing a 10 percent subscription ratio or less. Always make it easy for your visitors to subscribe to receive your content.
Next, I want my visitors to purchase the affiliate products that I sell. So, I placed my affiliate links directly underneath my subscription form. Now you`re probably wondering why my first priority is getting new subscribers, as opposed to making sales.
The answer is simple. Your subscribers are the key to your success. They are the lifeblood of your business. If you cultivate them properly, they will generate a tens of thousands of dollars in sales for you in the future. That`s guaranteed income you can`t afford to ignore or take for granted. Getting new subscribers should always be your number one priority.
And last but certainly not least, I want my visitors to tell other people about my blog.
So, how do I achieve that goal?
With my content. If I write quality content that has value, is interesting and actually helps people, they will tell others about my blog. It`s obviously working, as evidenced by my 30 percent subscription ratio.
In closing, if you`re not making getting new subscribers priority one, you`re throwing away a ton of future income!
David Jackson
DavidJackson2/7/2009 3:53 PM

Comments

• Options
    patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
  • Options
    guaranteed income?

Yes. A good subscriber list is worth its weight in gold. I know my list certainly is. Everytime I mail to it, money comes back to me.

But you don`t have to take my word for it. Ask Rich, Joel, Craig, Loren, Kathy, Janie or other competent marketers about the value of their lists. They`ll tell you the same thing.

A good list is like money in the bank. It`s guaranteed income!

David Jackson
    DavidJackson2/28/2009 1:43 PM
  • Options
     Isn`t there one single person out there with a good list? Wow!

David Jackson
    DavidJackson2/28/2009 2:38 PM
  • Options
    Something that is "like money in the bank" is not the same as "guaranteed income."  A guarantee is a promise that something will be done or will happen.  You and I can not even promise or guarantee our clients that they (or we) will be in business next year.  Ask the accountants that used to work for Arthur Andersen or brokers that used to work for Lehman Brothers what they were “guaranteed” and compare that to what they actually received.  Lehman had assets of $639 billion at the end of May 2008.  What are your assets?
  • Options
    Are there any other businessowners here besides me who has a list that makes money?

Are there any other entrepreneurs here besides me who successfully follows up with his customers?

Anyone?

David Jackson
    DavidJackson2/28/2009 6:12 PM
  • Options
    Are there any other business owners here who have a list that is GUARANTEED to make money?
  • Options
    I think we have our answer.
  • Options
    I think we have our answer.

The answer is you don`t know diddly about marketing. Having a good list that you can depend on for guaranteed income is Marketing 101. It really is. Any successful marketer will tell you that.

The fact that you don`t have a list that makes money speaks volumes about your business - or lack of business. 

Before you try to discredit my marketing techniques, you first have to learn marketing and marketing fundamentals. You apparently haven`t done that.

The fact that no one has stepped up to confirm what I wrote only proves one thing. No one in this forum has a list that makes money. I`m surprised, and disappointed by that. I really am.

Nonetheless, I stand by what I wrote. If you have a good list, you have a source of guaranteed income!

I Guarantee it!

David Jackson
    DavidJackson3/3/2009 1:59 PM
  • Options
    You are not GUARANTEED to live another day.  Your business is not GUARANTEED to survive for another month.  There are homeless people today who bought a home when it was GUARANTEED to go up in value.  They are bankrupt.  Your GUARANTEES keep you living in a fantasy world.  Your list is not a source of GUARANTEED income - nobody`s list is. 
  • Options
    You are not GUARANTEED to live another day.

Well, while I`m alive, I have a list that`s guaranteed to make money. GUARANTEED!!!

David Jackson
  • Options
    You are in good company.  This fool has a guaranteed system for making money playing Poker.  http://www.neo-tech.com/poker/.  You should give him a call.  Of course, you have to buy his book to find out.  Maybe you two are using the same guaranteed methods!