WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Best Small Business Forum

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited March 2009 in Marketing
Having an extensive background in marketing, and being a member of nearly a dozen top small business forums, I consider myself uniquely qualified to judge the quality and competency of small business forums.
And I can say without question, based on overall website design, user-friendliness, depth of resources and professionalism, in my opinion, StartupNation is the best small business forum on the planet.
Is SuN perfect?

Absolutely not. No forum is perfect. For example, other forums are friendlier, better moderated and have more business savvy members.
However, when you add up the totality of the outstanding resources that SuN provides its members, and the manner in which those resources are presented, SuN is as close to perfect as you`ll find in a forum - and getting better all the time!
David Jackson
DavidJackson2/4/2009 2:36 PM

Comments

• Options
    OldNikkoOldNikko subscriber Posts: 0
    I agree with you David, SuN does a pretty good job in it`s niche.
  • Options
    SUN is my favorite forum. The regulars that post on this forum are knowledgeable, professional and very interesting. David Jackson fills his pages with valuable information and you can always depend on Craig Landes for a different, refreshing point of view. Of course there are many others that write excellent articles too.
    If you are reading this message, you are in the right place to network with the best!

Thank you for that, ultraluster!

David Jackson
  • Options
    Hey Janie... howz the jerky biz?

Start a forum? I`ve been running one for more than a decade on the web - and the decade before that on BB`s and the early file-sharing services. I have a "newish" home... see the sig-line.

We`re a bit different than SuN... and have a different market to serve. One difference is we are more oriented to B&M and micro-businesses... not to mention, we don`t do commercial anything. We have nothing to sell but ourselves - and get back the satisfaction of simple sharing of knowledge and skills.

Oh well...
  • Options
    We have nothing to sell but ourselves - and get back the satisfaction of simple sharing of knowledge and skills.

Kudos to you OldNikko!

David Jackson
  • Options
    Thank you sir!

I wish you every bit of luck and good fortune in your personal pursuit of excellence.

If you ever need info or such, visit my forum and just ask... you`d be VERY surprised at what you might get for answers.  We`ve opened more than a few eyes over the last 2 decades.

(You reckon that might have little to do with doing this kinda stuff for 6 decades?)

Nick
  • Options

Thank you sir! I wish you every bit of luck and good fortune in your personal pursuit of excellence.  Thanks, Nick and thanks for visiting my blog!  David Jackson DavidJackson2/5/2009 6:21 PM
  • Options
    Glad things are working our for you Janie!

The "new" stuff is always going on it seems... I currently have about 50 URL`s that are either working, or "in-progress"... ALL are business related... and none (currently) are trying to sell anything - or have any advertising of any sort (inside or outside) on them.

That may change in the near-term because I`m finishing up a new manual (volume 3 of 12 planned) for the self-employed and micro-entrepreneurs that seem to be flooding the market due to our national economic instability.

I have bought or looked over the vast bulk of "ebooks" and "programs" that are available on the net... and find nearly all of them lacking in some way, with a large majority of these little more than scams designed to sell expensive info-products and "biz-opps" to the innocent and gullible folks that crowd the Internet looking to get hold of something to help them make a few more bucks. (And the unreal dream of "getting rich quick!")

I think they deserve better... and intend providing it to them... for a fee to those that can afford a small donation to the non-profit behind all of this, and by "scholarship" to those that cannot... with all shades of gray between both.

Ambitious, yes... but the culmination of what I`ve been working toward for nearly a decade.

Funny thing Janie, when asked why I want to do this - the only really good answer I can come up with is - because I can... and I can afford to. I`m now nearly fully retired and do not need any more immediate cash flow, and it`s my turn to give back too.

Seems philanthropy is an old persons game. I`m old - and it`s my game. Were it that I could "fix" all un- and underemployment, I would... but, since that`s not possible, I intend casting the net as far as I CAN reach, with material that will help rather than hurt.

It`s been a lot of fun so far... and I hope to keep it that way!

Bon chance!

Nick

OldNikko2/8/2009 2:58 PM
  • Options

Seems philanthropy is an old persons game.       I don`t necessarily agree with that, as I`ve heard stories about young philanthropists all around the world. But I applaud what you`re doing nonetheless. Kudos to you, Nick!  David Jackson
  • Options
    alexa2alexa2 subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi
    This is alexa
    i am new to this site i see this site it is very usefull to the business peoples now a days each and every peoples want to do the good business so it is one of the good information giving site.

=======================
    alexa
    visit

Business Forums

• Options
    i am new to this site i see this site it is very usefull to the business peoples now a days each and every peoples want to do the good business so it is one of the good information giving site.

This is without question the best small business forum around - and getting better!

David Jackson