WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

The "Real" Secret to Making Money Online

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited October 2011 in Marketing
Some internet marketing experts and so-called gurus make a lot of money selling you their "secret" money-making programs. It seems like every other week they`re launching another new program.
Why? Because people keep buying.
Are these programs bad? Not all of them. But they`re not real secrets either.
Well, I`m going to tell you the real secret to making money online - something the gurus will never tell you. And it`s not going to cost you a dime - not one red cent!
Ready? Here it is:
If you want to make money online, you have to learn the art of self-promotion.
That`s it. That`s the real secret to making money online or offline.
If you master the art of self-promotion, it doesn`t matter what you`re selling. You will make money with it - period.
So how do you learn the art of self-promotion?
Go right to the source. Ilise Benum has written an excellent book titled, The Art of Self-Promotion. I have the book, and it`s worth every penny of the $14.95 I paid for it.
No, it`s not another e-book. It`s a real book - the kind you can hold in your hands.
Anyway, if you`re serious about making money online, do yourself a favor and buy the book.
By the way, I don`t make a dime for recommending this book. This is just another free marketing tip!
David Jackson

Comments

• Options
    Your right about self promotion, I have seen not so good artists go to the top because of GREAT Self promotion! Kinda like the Emperor`s New clothes.

Hmmmm...interesting analogy.

David Jackson
  • Options
    patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    is self-promotion a secret?
  • Options
    is self-promotion a secret?

It is if you don`t know about it.

Apparently, you don`t.

David Jackson
  • Options
    patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103

Hey, thanks for that secret.  Just so I make sure I understand [I`m kind of slow], I can possibly make more money if I effectively promote myself and my business - is that right?  Do you think I would be doing well to try to show up on the major search engines – would that be good?

• Options
    JmesJmes subscriber Posts: 4
    I, for one, completely support the notion of web promotion. I think it is imperative that in this day and age, when everybody`s Googling everybody else, that you maintain a good image for your business and yourself. While it`s hard to change your business, it`s VERY hard to change who you are.
    I think that dominating search engines is crucial for you and your business. This goes double if your business sells its products online (like any online shop), or when you have to sell yourself, before introducing yourself (e.g. if you`re a realtor or a consultant, people WILL look you up on the internet before meeting you)
    There are alot of ways to create and maintain an adquate web presence. One tip though, some things, if you buy cheap, you end up costing you alot. Sort of like buying a cheap used up car and having it break down in the middle of the highway on your way to a very important meeting.
    Sometimes free and cheap isn`t as good as professional, so when you`re looking for good online promotion services be sure to know who you`re dealing with, search up info on them. If they`re any good, you`ll find it. After all, having a web presence is what they do.
    For self promotion I`d recommend these sites: LinkedIn (www.linkined.com) it usually ranks pretty well and it helps increasing your business contacts. While LinkedIn takes alot of time to create, Twitter (www.twitter.com) adds the cost of maintnance (cost by time), though it does give the same benefits. LookupPage (www.lookuppage.com), on the other hand, gives you a much more professional look in less time and a much more user-friendly interface
    Think about it, you never know what you might gain by being search-able online, what business opportunities it may present you. But can you afford missing it?
    Jmes
  • Options
    What works even better than the techniques you mentioned is article marketing. If you do it correctly and consistently, not only does it give you a web presence, it`s also viral.

Not to mention the fact that search engines love articles.

David Jackson
    DavidJackson1/5/2009 6:05 AM
  • Options
    greenbssgreenbss subscriber Posts: 0
    Great post. I love the idea of self promotion.
    BUT is that the real secret to making money online. I think there is more to it than just self promotion. you know having a steady product that over a long period. over and over again.
    what do you guys think.
  • Options
    Great post. I love the idea of self promotion.
    BUT is that the real secret to making money online. I think there is more to it than just self promotion. you know having a steady product that over a long period. over and over again.
    what do you guys think.

Regardless of the product, you still have to promote it.

David Jackson
  • Options
    Where people struggle is mostly because they are not consistent
    promoters.       
    I couldn`t agree more. Like anything else in life, self-promotion requires consistent effort. David Jackson 
  • Options
    gethxngethxn subscriber Posts: 0
    hi there are many ways to earn money online .i earn money with help of this site goresellers that is we canbuy a bulk amount of domain from them and then sell them . i earned a lot here .to buy a domain from them first we must become a reseller here .in this site they provide two types of reseller plan basic and pro reseller plan .i choose basic reseller planfor my business .i felt happy with their service.
  • Options
    venmalathyvenmalathy subscriber Posts: 0
    It's nice one.......................