WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

You’re Going To Fail ...If...

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited December 2008 in Marketing
Let`s cut right to the chase. You`re going to fail at business if you don`t have any sort of plan. It need not be a grand or elaborate plan. But it should at least be a detailed blueprint of where you want to go.
The number one mistake that most people who attempt to make money online make is they don`t have a plan of any kind. There`s an age old proverb byThomas Edison that accurately states: "He who fails to plan, plans to fail." Develop a well-thought-out plan for what you want to do and how you plan to do it - a roadmap to your goals if you will. Write it down, and refer to itoften. Not only can you use it to monitor your progress, it will help keep you on track as well.
David Jackson

Comments

• Options
    patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    plans are good.  i like plans.
  • Options
    JmesJmes subscriber Posts: 4
    This is a very popular topic, I see a lot of posts about it
    Some questions though:
    How detailed should a plan get? How do you know if you detailed it too much? or too little?
    Can you give a few pointers on how to make a good business plan?
  • Options
    DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    This is a very popular topic, I see a lot of posts about it
    Some questions though:
    How detailed should a plan get? How do you know if you detailed it too much? or too little?
    Can you give a few pointers on how to make a good business plan?

Your plan should be only as detailed as what you need to run your business. While
    everybody should have some sort of plan, not everyone needs to develop a formal business plan, suitable for submitting to potential investors, banks or venture capitalists.
    That being said, if you do need a standard plan, following are the contents of a standard
    business plan outline.
    1. Executive Summary (Keep this brief, but be concise and interesting.)
    2. The Company
    3. The Market
    4. The Product
    5. The Management Team
    6. Strategy
    7. Implementation
    8. Financial Analysis
    Again, most businesses don`t need to get this detailed. The main thing is to have some
    sort of plan that details what you want to do and how and when you plan to do it.
    Something that maps your progress in regular intervals and keeps you on track.
    David Jackson
  • Options
    JmesJmes subscriber Posts: 4
    Thanks for all of your advices!
    I`ve started to make my own business plan now and these posts sure do come in handy
    Again, thank you all