WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

HipChix... a new idea?

YvetteMarieYvetteMarie subscriber Posts: 8
edited October 2006 in Selecting a Business
Ok.. So Quentins post got me to thinking...
Im currently into the planning stage of growing my portrait photography business.  I have already designed my HipCHix logo and branded it for inclusion in my business. 
Hipchix portrait partoes will involve going to a clients house and providing them with a princess/ diva or glamour party for their daughters... for birthdays mostly... or just because.  I would charge $50 per child.. and they will leave with a frame that they made themselves while we made up and took pictures of each girl individually... in a gift bag, with their frame and a printed out 4x6 for it from their session. I will also include a printed out proof sheet with a web address where they can order more pictures in various sizes, and slip in an advertisement for my studio of course....
What I have questions about...
Im hoping  to offer this... as an opportunity for stay at home moms and others to make extra money..  the HipChix logo, and branding, a complete HOW TO manual including the lagalities,  what they need, and where to buy it..a  business plan so they can get funding.. form templates for model releases etc.. a list of where to buy their supplies.. a webpage set up for them.. (www.hipchixparties/theirtown.com</A> not a real link)  or something.
With affordable prosumer cameras out there..  I think this could really be a good thing.  I know that they may have to have limited knowledge of photography.. but I would provide that info too.. basic set ups etc..
What Im thinking here.. is I wouldnt invest anything other than time and information.  Detailed info would be given on how to update their own sites (( I provide just templates )) how to set their cameras and lights.. etc.. Maybe even training DVDs to show them.. A support forum, and of course email support.  
Id like to teach them photoshop techniques too but thats a whole nother ball game and maybe taking it too far.. maybe I could charge for the forum and include a bunch of tutorials there?  I could photoshop their stuff for a fee.. but .. hmm.. depends on how busy I was.
Do you think this would be a feasible idea?  How much do you think people would be willing to pay ? Its not a franchise.. its not a turnkey set up really.. in that I dont invest anything HUGE.. just time and supplies for printing etc...
As a single mom.. who loves staying home with her kids.. Im thinking this is feasible.  A party a week  with 5 kids each could be $250 a weekend.. and whatever extra prints they sold.
Anyways.. Im up to any critique of this idea.. ;c) Ater I get it started and run it for about 6 months to get a history... Id like to sell the idea to others..
Am I  nuts?
Thanks!YvetteMarie2006-10-21 20:0:33