WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Who knows about gobignetwork.com?

2»

Comments

• Options
    robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Actually I was referring to the capital seeker not the supplier. By Capital Ready, I mean do you have everything in place so that when the capital source "show up" - there will be no delays or stoppages and you can progress "smoothly" to a positive conclusion.
    Last week, I attended a presentation  (I was invited by one of the investors) by a startup to some possible investors.Their presentation was pretty good and things seem to be flowing along - when someone asked the question "Are you all prepared to quit your day jobs and commit to this project totally - once the funds are in place"?  It was patently obvious that 2 of the the team were not prepared to do so and avoided answering the question.  Deal killer.

• Options
    Actually I was referring to the capital seeker not the supplier. By Capital Ready, I mean do you have everything in place so that when the capital source "show up" - there will be no delays or stoppages and you can progress "smoothly" to a positive conclusion.
    Last week, I attended a presentation  (I was invited by one of the investors) by a startup to some possible investors.Their presentation was pretty good and things seem to be flowing along - when someone asked the question "Are you all prepared to quit your day jobs and commit to this project totally - once the funds are in place"?  It was patently obvious that 2 of the the team were not prepared to do so and avoided answering the question.  Deal killer.

• Options
    MargyeMargye subscriber Posts: 0
    Thanks Robert, for the explanation.  I am actually searching for an investor for my son who has started a business but needs some capital as the economy has really taken its toll.  HIs business is Green Energy efficient and the State of NJ is giving energy rebates on his type of service.  He has customers and needs some cash flow fo the materials as it has been a rough winter for business and now it has really started picking up!
    I have a feeling this Private Investor Lender Forum....aka GoBigNetwork is taking but not giving from the investors and those seeking the investors to assist them. None of their testimonials can be verified and they have refused to send me any one I can contact direct.  They just keep sending me emails asking for me to call them on the phone or fill out their forms or view their Videos.  Some thing fishy here especially when you have to submit with your form $250. in order for them to do a presentation , as they call it.
    What is your take on this?
  • Options
    Based upon the description of your son`s needs and my understanding of their sources - I`d say it`s probably not a good match for you.

If you want me to discuss the specifics of my conclusion- contact me directly at robert@bizgrowthmasters.com

robertj3/6/2009 11:09 AM
  • Options
    InitialUnderwritingInitialUnderwriting subscriber Posts: 0
    Be careful of the many companies out there today.  They all offer a decent product, you just have to know how to use it.  Most importantly make sure that it applies to you.  With the comments from businessmoney above I think I would have to agree, although I`m not entirely convinced that peer-to-peer is the way to go.

Sincerely,

Ilya Bodner
    Small Business Owner
    Initial Underwriting Group
  • Options
    Jason6Jason6 subscriber Posts: 0
    I noticed that you have a flame next to your post for hot topic. Is
    that there just because a lot of people viewed/responded or did you do
    something to make it a hot topic?
  • Options
    Stacy_AStacy_A subscriber Posts: 0
    Go Big is huge fruad,they do not know how to establish business credit. I had a account opened with them and they did nothing but ruin my companies name. I am not haivng so many problems trying to fix what they have messed up.Do not trust them with your information!! After a couple months with opening my account ,I did my research and all they tell you is lies. They do not tell you the correct information at all, and they have no idea what they are doing.They kept telling me to have patience but all along they screwed up my account. They will try to sign you up for a premier builder package but the sales person just tells you so much bs. The sales person Mark Moore ,after he got a sale from us he would not return phone calls. After 9 months having an account opened with them I made no progress ,so they were going to start me back to begining. I have to close my bank account because I do not trust this company at all,I was scared they might try to take out of my account after cancelling. If you want to build your business credit ,please do not trust them. All they will do is waste your money and time.Honestly after going through this company I know more about establishing business credit then them.Do not even waste you time or money of their 149 monthly maintenance because the concierage Wendy Lieb is full of crap. She is suppoesed to keep up with your account but so will not , she has no idea what she is doing. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!