WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Heads up about financing SCAMS!!! I am discouraged!!

realestategirlrealestategirl subscriber Posts: 2
edited March 2007 in Startup Funding
I recently posted about a project I wish to develop and was refered to www.ryze.com</A> another networking site. I looked up financing opportunities there and found several... or so I thought. It was just too easy. After several e-mails back and forth the lady in question granted me the ``loan`` I wanted and went through what I asume were imaginary steps to get me this financing. Without so much as a credit check. She had her ``lawyer`` send me a letter of agreement today. Funny thing is the terms of the loan were all wrong on this ``legal`` paper. She states she is from a company called Planet Financial International which I looked up with the BBB and called every single one but she is not at any location. I asked for her contact information several times which she has not sent me as of yet only a yahoo.com e mail address. I looked up this lawyer / barrister and he is no where to be found either, I was given a phone number to call... in Nigeria at $5.00 a minute  Let me know if you would like to see this fraudulent letter of agreement.Does anyone know where I can find private investors who are serious and are not about FRAUD? I am completely discouraged and my time is running out Thanks a bunchCorinne Nichilo realestategirl2007-3-5 17:31:16

Comments

• MNGrillGuyMNGrillGuy subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Friends and family are the best source for early funding.  If they don`t believe in you, you will be hard pressed to find others that will. 

• realestategirlrealestategirl subscriber Posts: 2
    Unfortunately, I have no family. It`s just me and my 12 year old sister. Friends that have this kind of capital are non-existant. People believe in me and my project wholeheartedly but I would need thousands of them to raise the capital for this project... SUN members... wanna finance me? LOL
    Smart enough not to have sent money and told them where to go when they asked for my SIN and my drivers liscence. They also asked for my bank account info... they didnt get that either. Sent them a nice e mail telling them I sent their info to the the internet crime center. Which I did! Corinne Nichilo
    The project is a big one, and I am looking at between ten and twenty million dollars CAD. My payback plan is 1.5 million yearly. This means it would take 7 to 14 years to pay back. The property is worth 1.7 million before construction and the land value will only go up with construction and business. All the investors I seem to be finding are all in the UK and in the states. Unfortunately most of the ones I found are not legit.Honestly I cannot believe there are people out there who prey on others trying to get something started.Corinne Nichilo
    I guess I am lucky then that I noticed the discrepancies before signing anything. I reported them to the FBI and I guess that is all I can do. I am sorry you lost your money  I also went down that road last year for a whole $8000.00 USD and dont think I will be seing my money again. You are right, it is a shame
  • MNGrillGuyMNGrillGuy subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Start small, and then grow to bigger and bigger acquisitions.  That is the best way to do it.  Just make that first purchase. 
  • chevymanusachevymanusa subscriber Posts: 3
    Hello,
       So lets toss out all that depressed crap and grab the bull by the horns.. America land of the free and the rich....Also the most scammers,, Now we all know there are 100`s of good investers out there.. finding them is the key..STOP, THINK, PROCEED with caution..I too am searching for certain buissness items in this world...it is good we find out the scams now..once we figure out how not to be scammed by trying to be scammed, we can add this knowlege to our knowlege bank and move on towards our goals, keep trying you`ll suceed,, keep the faith
  • finqueenfinqueen subscriber Posts: 1
    Hello Everyone:
    Stay away from foreigners, especially those NIGERIANS!!!!!!!!!
  • chicagolemonadechicagolemonade subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi there!

While I am new to the site, I am open to helping genuine entrepreneurs find funding if I believe in the idea.  Moreover, I am pretty darn business savvy and could be of assistance if needed.  If interested sum up in a few paragraphs the idea and financial needs and maybe I can be of some assistance.

• ObsidianLaunchObsidianLaunch subscriber Posts: 7
    I agree with RaiseCapital02.  In a situation like that you may want to facilitate and investment group... basically managing the transaction for others with money and taking a percentage of the deal.