WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Virutal CEO

PeterPeter subscriber Posts: 6
Does anyone know of a site or network that assist in finding virtual CEO?

Comments

• keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Peter,
    You stumped me. Never heard of a virtual CEO. Help this old guy out - explain.
    Thanks - R@
  • PeterPeter subscriber Posts: 6
    Peter,
    You stumped me. Never heard of a virtual CEO. Help this old guy out - explain.
    Thanks - R@Hello R@,A virtual CEO is an seasoned CEO that participate in company from a remote location. Virtual CEOs could be part or full time, would perform duties and have responsibilities as if he/she was physcially in the HQ office.  There are virtual CEOs for both established and startup companies.
    Does anyone have any ideas why everytime I post a link it adds the html all around the link? I realize that this really isn`t the forum for this question, but it is really starting to irritate me. Thanks.
    Did you copy the link from a page on the website?
    This link may provide some ideas about < anchor_height="19" anchor_width="85" anchor_top="-1824" anchor_left="242" ="" hover="true" pref_url="http://www.virtualceo.com/&quot; ="application/browster-plugin" height="0" width="0">Virtual CEO`s. Best Wishes to all.
    Thanks for the posting.  I`m aware of www.virtualceo.com.  They provide more of a consulting and training service.  I was looking for sites or network of virtual ceo that wants to take part as if they were a local ceo.
    Peter, I am intrigued -- are you able to share a bit more about your plan?

Hi Kim,I`m looking for an executive with experience in the advertising industry.  My venture is a startup currently in internal beta.  I about 1 month or so from launching the beta version of my service to the public.  My competitors would be ValPak, MoneyMailers, Entertainment book, etc...  The idea is nothing new but the concept is different.
  • DavidDavid subscriber Posts: 3
    Does anyone have any ideas why everytime I post a link it adds the html all around the link? I realize that this really isn`t the forum for this question, but it is really starting to irritate me. Thanks.
    Try using the hyperlink button at the right with no add-on code.  If you`re getting the URL from a spreadsheet or Dreamweaver document, the clipboard may copy the special formatting along with the link itself. 
    To answer Peter`s question, I would direct him to the source that I`m sure the StartupNation would direct him to - SCORE.  They may be just an advisory service, but they also know many CEOs who`d be willing to help out.
    A Virtual CEO is tricky.  Obviously, you don`t want to give this person total control of your company.  Well, if that`s not going to happen, then he`s not a CEO but maybe a CFO-especially if they`re helping you do financial projections.  My advice would be to find someone who has some executive experience and offer them a small share (voting or non-voting) in the company in order to enlist their expertise.  But there are some things - such as creating business strategy, evaluating sales data, making direct mail campaigns, hiring the right printer, that you must handle yourself.

Try using the hyperlink button at the right with no add-on code.  If you`re getting the URL from a spreadsheet or Dreamweaver document, the clipboard may copy the special formatting along with the link itself. 
    To answer Peter`s question, I would direct him to the source that I`m sure the StartupNation would direct him to - SCORE.  They may be just an advisory service, but they also know many CEOs who`d be willing to help out.
    A Virtual CEO is tricky.  Obviously, you don`t want to give this person total control of your company.  Well, if that`s not going to happen, then he`s not a CEO but maybe a CFO-especially if they`re helping you do financial projections.  My advice would be to find someone who has some executive experience and offer them a small share (voting or non-voting) in the company in order to enlist their expertise.  But there are some things - such as creating business strategy, evaluating sales data, making direct mail campaigns, hiring the right printer, that you must handle yourself.

I`ve actually use SCORE advisors in the beginning of my project for "proof of concept".  The great thing about SCORE is that I was able to narrow my search to advisors with specific experiences I was looking for.  They were only advisors.  I need someone to help me execute, have industry experience and contact to get that big contracts.  Offering equity in the company is part of the compensation and I`m more than willing to share the that for the right person. 
    I was looking at Sloan Ventures site and saw some of the expertise on that team.  I wonder what I`d need to do to tap into their resources. Jeff & Rich?
  • DavidDavid subscriber Posts: 3
    Then it sounds like you`re looking for an experienced sales VP.  You look like you have the financials, logistics, and operations down.  Now you just have to put the product out there aggressively.  The good news for you is that there`s no end of unemployed sales reps and executives in any industry.  Don`t turn down hiring on a lowly ex-sales rep to a higher position in your company.  After all, it`s the sales reps and not the VPs who have the contacts and take it with them when they are laid off.
    Thanks everyone.  I was able to find a network I can use : http://www.ceo-net.com/</A>

• davennydavenny subscriber Posts: 2
    My firm does work very similar to what a Virtual CEO would
    provide.  We call it our Alliance Partner Contract.  For small and
    medium size companies we take on day-to-day responsibility.  It depends on
    the company what exactly those responsibilities are.

I must admit I am interested as to why you were looking for a network of
    virtual CEO`s, can you fill me in.