WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Selling for Christmas `08?

laughdaddylaughdaddy subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2007 in Sales
My company is developing a Christmas themed product that we`d like to market for Christmas 2008.  If anyone has had experience with a Christmas product, what is the optimum time of year to market to potential distributors/resellers for the coming season and is there a Christmas decor or gift/toy tradeshow that would be good?

Comments

• RobinleeRobinlee subscriber Posts: 0
     Hi there,
    The best time should be around June and July. It really depends on the quantity you are buying. If you would buy large quantity, and shipped from Asia then you need at least a month for the delivery. Before the delivery, you need around 45 days for the production if your products are in significant quantity. The early summer should be for the presentation time, and the purchase decision time. Hope my two cents help.
    We are trading company in Hong Kong, so we deal with customers in the U.S often. We do exports. We understand how this works. If you need some help, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Thank you!