WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Logo Design

Comments

• starpointestarpointe subscriber Posts: 2
    I own a small marketing consulting business that offers the services you`re looking for.  Feel free to give us a call and we`ll work with you to develop a logo that meets your needs.  If you`re REALLY tight on cash and just need something that looks decent quickly, I`d give www.logodesigncreation.com a visit.  Wired magazine reviewed a bunch of online logo development businesses and this one was rated very highly.
  • keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Jeff - great article! Keep educating the masses.
    R@
  • LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    R@ -Thanks.  You are great about giving people positive feedback.  It is appreciated!- J.
  • mchutchmchutch subscriber Posts: 7
    I agree with most everything said in this discussion.
    I would strongly recommend having a professional graphic designer design your logo.

Things to remember:

1. Know your brand positioning.
    2. A brand is more than just  a logo.

3. You get what you pay for.

Even with tight budget, try to set aside an good amount for developing your brand identity. First impressions are everything.
    A well designed
    brand identity will let you launch with your A game as opposed to a B
    or C game. That is important these days with an ever increasing amount
    of competition in the marketplace.
    A well designed brand will expand with you as you grow your business.

Rebranding, is always infinitely more expensive then having a great brand image to start with.

• CustomerTrendCustomerTrend subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi we`re new to this forum and hope to gain a lot and give a lot.
    We recently used elance.com for some of our logo projects and website scripting.  Good deal and you have a good deal of competition between people and their services.

--albert
  • cslade3cslade3 subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for everyone`s great comments and discussions. I just visited StartupNation after not being on in awhile and saw all the great comments. I am heading out of the country for a few weeks and am going to definitely nail down what exactly what I want my brand and logo to convey and will definitely be using all of your advice and potentially some of your services. Is there a way to set up automatic emails to be notified when someone has replied to comments on the SN forums?
  • brains4allbrains4all subscriber Posts: 0
    A serivice just launched which I think startups will find interesting. It adresses all advice given in these posts and then some. You can browse a repository of logo designs and see if there is something you connect with there for you and buy it on-line straight away. Delivering inside of 24 business hours.Includes: logo created for print & web, as vector art in color (using PMS colors), at a resolution of at least 600 dpi, EPS, gif and jpg.http://www.logo4.us
  • ginger84ginger84 subscriber Posts: 0

Hi,
    i am a graphic designer, with 5+ years of professional logo design. i
    currently work for an ad agency, where much of my work is in concept
    logo design and i spend much of my free time freelancing as well.
    check out my portfolio, and we can make a time to talk about ideas.   http://www.coroflot.com/gingerbryan
    thanks!
  • christianbookschristianbooks subscriber Posts: 0
    No matter who you choose to create your logo, the most important decision you need to make is about your brand identity - and you need to be crystal clear in your own mind about what that is before you ask someone else to create a visual symbol of that identity.

Christian Book Stores
  • sydneyplumberssydneyplumbers subscriber Posts: 0
    Once you have your final logo, be sure to have the designer save it in several formats for you.
  • patioideaspatioideas subscriber Posts: 0
    You`ll want to share some ideas about what you like, then have the designer send you some rough designs to choose from. You can then select what you like and have the designer refine the logo.
  • menappimenappi subscriber Posts: 2
    I agree, you usually get what you pay for, but with so many outsourcing services available online these days, you can get some good material for very cheap.
    I would recommend posing a logo design job on one of the many logo design community servies, where designers bid on your job. A lot of them will give you unlimited revisions and provide quality work. You may get cookie cutter designs but if you give the designer a good idea of your vision, image and branding ideas then it will help them transfer that into a logo that fits. For under $250 you can get a pretty good logo, but if you truly want something unique and bada$$ (branding package, identity, website, fonts, colors, etc) then expect to pay a few thousand.
    I guess it all comes down to how serious you are about your business but you can definitely get some good graphics that are affordable.
    www.99designs.comwww.designcrowd.comwww.logobids.comwww.crowdspring.com
  • johnnlee74johnnlee74 subscriber Posts: 0
    That sounds great,
    Good luck
  • madelinekimmadelinekim subscriber Posts: 0
    Make it simple but attractive. Ensure that it is readable and easily recognized. The user should understand the logo design. Avoid using a abstract images as it will discourage the user from getting attracted.
  • saffroncurrysaffroncurry subscriber Posts: 0
    Logo Design is one type of Web Design work I don't have more idea about it.Thank you for sharing informative post.