WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Need decorative idea!

mikejackmikejack subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2007 in Business Planning

Hey all,
I have a small business and I just opened one more branch few
days ago in other city. I want to dress up my office. Please suggest me if you have
any idea that can help me out?
Thanks!

Comments

• stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    MikeJack,
    Remember, less is more..keep it clean and bright!

Erin
  • RebeckaRebecka subscriber Posts: 0
    Well, I don`t know what type of "dressing up" you want to do, but here are a few suggestions:
    - Spend the biggest part of your budget on your main furniture pieces, such as desks, seating, book cases, etc. Go for quality over quantity. They don`t have to be expensive but they should coordinate. Check the "as is" room of your local furniture store for deals, furniture rental stores looking to liquidate or local auctions. Stick with classic styles that stand the test of time.
    - Be organized. The easiest way to dress up a room is buy keeping it neat.
    - Hang a few large pictures on the wall rather than a bunch of small ones. Pictures that relate to your industry or scenic pictures are always a good touch. If you buy prints, have them re-framed with nice wooden frames instead of using the cheap plastic ones that come with them. This is an inexpensive way to add a little touch of class.
    - Use solid fabrics in neutral colors on any cloth seating. Prints go out of style very quickly and can make your office look dated. You can accent them with colored or printed throw pillows. It`s cheaper to replace a throw pillow than a sofa.
    - If you have plastic window blinds, replace them with 2" faux wooden blinds. They are cheap and you get a big bang for your buck in the style department.
    - Stick with neutral colored walls and avoid wallcoverings at all costs. Wallpaper is like fabric print, it goes out of style quickly. Paint an accent wall for a little punch of color. It`s also cheaper to repaint than to replace wallpaper.
    - For decor items, stick with a few medium-large pieces rather than a lot of little knick knacks.
    I hope this helps.
    Rebecka Melson
    Virtual Business Serviceshttp://www.vbsofok.com