2009cozy subscriber Posts: 1
edited March 2009 in Website Critique
1. Do you understand, or have any questions about, the information on our site?
2. Does our Web site flow? In other words, does the information roll easily from one page to the next?
3. Is it easy to use and find your way around?
4. Did you lose patience trying to find what you needed, waiting for pages to load or links to work?
5. Do the pages print OK?
6. Are images, audio and video the right size?
7. Are our products or services clearly displayed?
www.cozyfloors.org thank you
Sign In or Register to comment.
Your policy blah blah blah ... fine. Client satisfaction blah blah blah .... ok. A home improvement blah blah blah.... bye.
Why would I leave? Because you are so busy trying to convince me that you`re worth working with, that you forget to tell me what it is you`re offering me ..... I want a quick sales pitch to keep my interest, not your company philosophy ( I can get to that later ).
Living in Indiana, I think the concept of your product is great. I`d love warm floors in the winter and a drive that basically shovels itself, but you aren`t creating that type of message right away to get, and keep interest in what you do.
The menu is hard to read and doesn`t flow. Sub pages aren`t consistent
... some have narrow areas of text, some are wide. The Testimonials
page is really out of whack.
Make your page titles more keyword rich, not so plain and generic. And get meta descriptions on your pages.
In short, it looks like a great concept but needs a lot of help on the sales message and consistency.Webline3/16/2009 11:56 AM
I do agree with most of what was said above. Here are my thoughts:
1. The color is way too much. Red can come off as an angry color (kind of like when people type in all caps). It also makes the left side bar difficult to read.
2. I think there might be just too much information. Too much technical jargon. I know that you are a specialist, but as a consumer I just want nuts and bolts.
3. The picture on the front page (I am assuming this is you) looks too much like a mug shot and isn`t sized properly (it looks squished). I would recommend having a professional or a friend take one for you.
4. The information is hard to read because there isn`t much consistency. Sometimes the info is left justified, sometimes it is centered, sometimes it is right justified. The size and justification should be the same throughout.
5. I also did notice the "you can do it, we can help" tagline on the products and services page. I believe this is Home Depot`s tagline and is trademarked or at the very least copyrighted. Might want to lose that.
I hope this helps. Good luck!SweetSnaps3/16/2009 8:12 AM
I think if you pull off everything but your mission and your contact from the home page, you will be please with the results. Make a new page for the FAQs and include a link in the sidebar. I would also have a page and a link for videos. Customers don`t like to be overwhelmed with info, but the links are there if they want more.
It`s getting there!