WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

costadelvillas - holiday home website

costadelvillascostadelvillas subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2009 in Website Critique
Hi Everyone,
I hope you don`t mind me jumping in at the deep end asking for critique on my first post but I`d like to gain some feedback on our new holiday home website.OverviewCostadelvillas.co.uk launched in March and is designed to offer holiday home owners the chance to advertise directly to holiday makers looking to rent villas and apartments in the Costa del Sol on south coast of Spain.Design and developmentThe design and development were outsourced and the plan is to add new features and updates every 2-3 months.Aims and objectivesThe long term goal is to become one of the leading websites for Costa del Sol holiday homes. In the short term we want to build up a stream of visitors from natural search engine traffic before going for a full scale launch in Janurary 2010.
I`d be greatful for any feedback and advice for increasing our natural rankings and traffic.
Many thanks.Costa del Sol Villascostadelvillas6/13/2009 9:00 AM

Comments

• Options
    costadelvillascostadelvillas subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Craig,
    Thanks for your fantastic feedback. You are in indeed right, the properties are located on the Costa del Sol (southern Spain). We will be looking to get a lot more properties on board in several stages, at the moment we`re looking to get more site visitors, but it`s a bit of a chicken and egg situation.
    Anyway, we`ve made some initial changes based on your suggestion by changing those two headers on the homepage. We are planning to change the homepage layout a bit in the next month to make it feel a little more user friendly.
    I agree that the FAQ page needs looking at so I think we`ll redesign that and make it clearer and prettier to use, rather than just plain text.
    Thanks again for your feedback it`s very valuable for us!costadelvillas6/14/2009 2:47 PM
  • Options
    asEZasABnCasEZasABnC subscriber Posts: 1
    I like the site!
    From an SEO point of view....
    When you want to place a hyperlink in the body add "http://www" to the complete your address.
    Also, check with your designer...my report says you missed AltTags on four photos on your landing page.
  • Options
    Jarrod1937 -
    The AltTag missing reminder was merely an alert to see if there was merit to it or an oversight.
    I agree wholeheartedly that it becomes important when photos and images are important content on your site and you want (i.e.) Google Image Search to index them.
  • Options
    Thanks...nice site Jarrod!