WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Plan to start small but in what market?

CorydatCorydat subscriber Posts: 2
edited April 2008 in Selecting a Business
I have come across my first problem on my journey into the unknown.  I`ve decided that this is the path for me but not yet sure where to stick my foot in at.  I live in a thriving east coast community and i think there is opportunity to start a small business providing a service of some kind.  My other option, I am thinking about  starting a small internet business maybe with ebay or creating a website for a local niche.   Does anyone have any good advice on where to start at online?  I`ve listened to hundreds of podcasts about start ups and learned a lot recently. I`m also taking seminars at the local community college but at this point I beleive i need a little advice or any kind of feedback good or bad. thanks

Comments

• rajinenterprisesrajinenterprises subscriber Posts: 3
    I`d have to agree with gcompc! What is your passion? Take that and try to start something along those lines. If your enjoying what you do, then you`ll do it better.

Good Luck!
    rajinenterprises4/26/2008 12:37 AM
  • Innovator7Innovator7 subscriber Posts: 9
    In America, think BIG.
    I just got a billion-dollar idea/invention, as an example.
  • CorydatCorydat subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks to those that responded. Well I`m 23 and working as a cad technician at a architecture firm.  I do enjoy architecture/construction/building.  I also enjoy the nearby beach, philosophy, and self development. I`m getting into windsurfing.  I like the outdoors hunting fishing etc. I would say right now my only passion is to make myself money instead of making money for somone else. So i suppose i`ll just keep thinking and keep my eyes open.Corydat4/26/2008 9:47 PM