WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

What’s with the spam?

NetmomNetmom subscriber Posts: 5
edited August 2007 in Marketing
What is with the influx of spam posts on here? Boy is it annoying! Is there some new get rich quick e-book that says post on SuN out there?

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Joel and Steve for the explanation and the assurance that I am NOT crazy...you hush Nikole and Diana! It was like a huge pink elephant in the middle of the room!
    I have to say I was getting really pissed off because I feel like the people here work hard to share information and expose their businesses to each other every day. And to have some drive-by spammer come in bringing absolutely no value is an issue, no make that a violation.
    I say we go old west on him. Somebody get a rope...!

• Options
    patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    i have been attempting to point this out for months.
  • Options
    iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    Oh, I guess I should stop sending all those spam posts. I thought
    that`s what everyone on the net wanted to read. After all, I see spam
    everywhere and thought SuN would want to enjoy it too!

I`ll try posting more appropriate content.

Of course this comment is just a JOKE. Don`t send me a bunch of junk by private message. I already get enough of that content in my regular email box.
  • Options
    Oh, I guess I should stop sending all those spam posts. I thought that`s what everyone on the net wanted to read. After all, I see spam everywhere and thought SuN would want to enjoy it too! I`ll try posting more appropriate content.Of course this comment is just a JOKE. Don`t send me a bunch of junk by private message. I already get enough of that content in my regular email box. Ohhhh it was a joke... Whew, I am so glad you clarified that for us. I thought we finally caught one.
    Ok guys, we can take down the rope ... (for now).
  • Options
    iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14

Netmom
    ... you know, I thought everyone here would understand I was kidding... At the same time, there seems to be people lingering on the internet that believe they`re gonna get rich doing these marketing ploys or think everyone REALLY wants to read the stuff. So, I thought. Better safe than sorry. I don`t want to start encouraging that behavior. After all, the people posting the stuff seem to think it`s valuable. The best part is, those people doing the spam eventually end up on our side, trying to stop the spam efforts.
  • Options
    bjortandcompanybjortandcompany subscriber Posts: 1
    I get loaded with spam everyday.  It`s horrible. 

bjortandcompany2007-8-6 21:50:27
  • Options
      The best part is, those people doing the spam eventually end up on our side, trying to stop the spam efforts.
    Do you promise?
    My thing is "know your audience...". If you come here and see NO spam on a business site that should be a hint and a half that if it was ok, we would all be doing it!