WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Anyone use Constant Contact?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member

There are alternatives to paying services like constant contact. Instead install a mailing list/newsletter subscription script on your own website.    The problem with that is if someone decides to report you as a spammer, you run the risk of your ISP dropping you like a bad habit. Not only that, you could be blacklisted. Using a third party service like Constant Contact eliminates that risk.  David JacksonDavidJackson4/9/2009 2:49 PM
  • Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40

I should have been more clear...  the script includes features and functions like Constant contact... opt-out and subscription management as well as email management.

The idea of using these programs is not to spam (using such a script or CC) but to effectively manage email marketing and communications between the company and its customer/subscribers.

There are guidelines that should be followed (as CC does) that will protect you from being identified as a spammer.

~Roland
  • Options
    DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member

I should have been more clear...  the script includes features and functions like Constant contact... opt-out and subscription management as well as email management.    Yep, that makes a difference. David Jackson
  • Options
    advernationadvernation subscriber Posts: 3
    constant contact is a great affordable tool for all of your email marketing needs
  • Options
    mrsatwoodmrsatwood subscriber Posts: 1
    Being "nitpicky" is what makes me good at what I do.

Check out wowzzy.com. WOWzzy has implemented a great email marketing tool which allows you to send out email campaigns to all of your contacts. Attach newsletters, pdf marketing piece, whatever you choose. unlike constant contact all emails sent out reflect that they are sent from you.
  • Options
    TarkoffDesignTarkoffDesign subscriber Posts: 0
    Constant Contact is very good - I find it easy to customize templates for my clients. But I also like AWeber.
    On a different subject:
    Corey: I am new to SuN. How did you put live links in your signature?