WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

How to approach businesses to submit their listings?

JatinJatin subscriber Posts: 2
edited June 2009 in New Member Welcome
Hi
I am launching a website for my city Ahmedabad, India.
On the site I am offering listings of restaurants, hotel, shopping destinations, etc. I have currently created submit your business form, advertise with us, etc in place of site under construction page on the site.
Now, I have contact details of all the businesses I have targated. What I want to do is send out an e-mail/newsletter to these businesses asking them to add their business to my website. In the e-mail/newsletter I wish to include Advertise with us info as well so tha I can get some advertisements as well.
My problem is I am confused about what to write in e-mail/newsletter .
Can someone please help me with this (probably with some draft text???)???.
Thank you in advance.Jatin Joshi

Comments

• Options
    asEZasABnCasEZasABnC subscriber Posts: 1
    I find the easiest way to answer that question is to ask a search engine....
    You might try:  "Wording for e-mail advertising for local businesses."
  • Options

Hi
    Yes. You are right. I tried that first but couldn`t find what I wanted. May be I need to try different keywords.
    Thank you for the suggestion.Jatin Joshi
  • Options
    asEZasABnCasEZasABnC subscriber Posts: 1
    Trying different words is the essence to finding your "keywords" on the Web.  Ask yourself, "if someone wanted to find me, what would they type into a search box?"
    Tell someone about what you do or want to do.  Then ask a friend, ask a stranger, ask a relative...while they are sitting at a computer, what would they type?
    You might be surprised at things you never thought of!
  • Options
    Hi nhgnikole,

Thank you for the response.

Actually, I am launching a city portal (the project started basically just as a hobby, I designed the website while learning, eventually it turned up so good and I thought lets make some money). So, I will provide restaurants, hotels, shopping destinations, theaters, hospitals, etc a free listing. They don`t have to pay a single penny.

I am offering each and every business a free page for their listing.

And will make some money with Advertisements and hotel booking commission (through affiliate booking engines).

So, any ideas???

Jatin