WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I would love you to review my website www.tamigomez.com

tgomez2utgomez2u subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2007 in Website Critique
I would love any advice or tips you can give on search engine optimization. I`m not sure if I have all the correct components in place for the major engines to pick up the site.
Thanks in advance for your time,
Tami Gomez
www.tamigomez.com

Comments

• MarkBMarkB subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi Tami,Very inspirational music. What song is that? I would like to get it from iTunes.As far as the site would go, the two things I would change are:1. Your picture - I would probably use a more formal pic.2. More information - I realize the site is new but for motivational speakers site, information is key. For example, a topics listing is appropriate, free articles about topics you speak on, that kind of thing. Also, I would include a list of clients and any testimonials you have.Hope this helps.Mark
  • tgomez2utgomez2u subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you so much for the feedback.I will take your advice and make some changes.Thanks again!
    Oh yeah...and the song is called Stephan Carroll Virtual Symphony Prelude No. 3
    You can get it here:
    -8324_32-100618671.html
  • ToddFToddF subscriber Posts: 3
    you forgot to add your profile tag back to startupnation .
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    From an SEO point of view ....The program you used to create the site has added a lot of extra page coding, which is often unnecessary.The "style/css" tags are in the middle of your meta tags; all css and javascript codes should be placed within an external stylesheet.Image "alt" areas should have your site name, keywords, etc.H1 and H2 tags, and bold text for keywords are helpful.Your main page is probably 95% code, and 5% actual content. You need to increase the amount of actual text, describing and talking about what your site is about, 200-250 words, with your sites main keywords and phrases added into the content. Search engines don`t read images, so they really do little in SEO.You need other websites to link to yours.Just some basics, but they go a long way.I have a small webdesign business, let me know if we can be of assistance.
    Thank you so much for the info.  I am a beginner at website building, thus the additional useless code.  I would love it if you could clean it up for me.  Would you send me a quote to info@tamigomez.com</A>?
    Thank you!!!
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Just sent an email, please let me know if I can be of help.