WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Over Hauled my site, Now check it out

grabitpackgrabitpack subscriber Posts: 5
edited January 2008 in Website Critique
It`s a new year and hopefully people are starting things up with their business ventures.
I`ve started by over hauling my website and want to know what you think.
You may know my product as the Holdstalero Anti Fanny Pack.  I have changed the name to simply: the Grabit Pack
I`ve implemented suggestions presented by those that presented information here in the past, so check out some of your thoughts in action.
I did this myself and want to know what I can do to get retailers to carry my product and get people to buy it.  Does my site convey that?  What advice do you have.
Check it out here: www.grabitpack.com
Thanks and Happy New Year!Holdstalero1/4/2008 5:38 PM

Comments

• Options
    Victor363Victor363 subscriber Posts: 2
    Did you do any keyword research?
    Right now, the most heavily optimized keyword on your 1 landing page (not your homepage) is  "product information".  Maybe something more desciptive, and that people actually type into google would work better for you?
    Also, I highly recommend putting a `buy` button on the above landing page so that it will be easier for your customers to buy (this will help you from an SEO standpoint as well).
  • Options
    Did you do any keyword research?
    Right now, the most heavily optimized keyword on your 1 landing page (not your homepage) is  "product information".  Maybe something more desciptive, and that people actually type into google would work better for you?
    You mean like "fanny pack"?  that`s the audience I want...and yes I have keywords optimized.  If you have any hints to make them stronger let me know.
    Also, I highly recommend putting a `buy` button on the above landing page so that it will be easier for your customers to buy (this will help you from an SEO standpoint as well).
    Good idea!
  • Options
    I have a question: What do you do with the Grabit Pack when you want to sit down and not have this thing all over your leg?

Can you be more specific with your question?  (ex. do you want to know what it feels like when you sit down? do you have to take it off in order to sit down?)  I don`t understand what you`re asking.
    There are pictures of the model sitting on a motorcycle and it`s described in the text on the PRODUCT INFORMATION page.
    The Grabit Pack is far superior to a fanny pack and those that are confined to wheelchairs particularly like it for it`s quick,easy access and unobtrusive design.
    To answer your question bluntly:  You take it off if you don`t want it "all over your leg".
    Besides that, what do you think of the website?
  • Options
    I recommend that you invest some time conducting keyword research. with the various online tools there are out there. See how many people are typing in fanny pack and think if those people really want your product.
    The headline on your landing page should always contain the keywords people are typing in the search engines - this will improve sales and spare you from some of googles wrath.
    Sometimes, the way to go is to sell to the people`s desire`s,  not the actual product they are typing in.  What are the benefits of your product, what needs or desires does it fulfill? 
  • Options
    NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Victor what are you holding a Fan?
    I did not run a ranking check on your site holdstalero, so I will take victor`s word for it.
    My assumption is that you designed the web site yourself or had someone help you. I`m not sure if you`re aware but you have two google verify strings on your index page. I would suggest doing the following if you plan on targeting the keyword "fanny pack".
    I don`t know how your budget is but I would contract a professional web designer to design the web site for you to give it more functionality and feel to it.
    Also, you look like a young guy that probably has some cute girl friends... Hire them for a day and use them as models. Loose the fellas with the big beer guts. No offense if it`s a family member but, get some cute pictures of girls wearing them too. Something tasteful .. get what I`m saying?
    The first thing I saw when I went to your products page was a beer belly hanging and it made me think "If that`s how Im going to look, forget that" see where Im going with this?
    Also, what ever you do, do not heavily rely on Google as your main source for searching.
    What you need to do is give the people and the search engines what they want. fresh content and try to keep your keyword visibility up.
    Also, on your design I noticed that you have you Cascading style sheet in your index, export it to an external css doc.
    I also, noticed that you don`t have any keywords or descriptions on your index page. and finally embed google analytics to see where your traffic is coming from and that will help you see the whole picture.
    Other than that.. It`s a good product.
  • Options
    Hey Edgar,    It`s actually a deck of playing cards, I`m a sleight of hand magician.
    Here is an interesting piece of research on how a pretty face can can push away customers.
    Basically, it shows that a picture of a person staring at you causes you to get distracted and bounce much quicker, usually not even reading the headline.
    The research also shows though that if you have the same person look away, locking gaze with another aspect on the site (such as the headline), than the bounce rate decreases and that headline is even more likely to be read.  
    @Craig, I remember you saying the exact same thing in a previous discussion last year so I thought you would find this interesting.
  • Options
    NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Hey Edgar,    It`s actually a deck of playing cards, I`m a sleight of hand magician.
    Here is an interesting piece of research on how a pretty face can can push away customers.
    Basically, it shows that a picture of a person staring at you causes you to get distracted and bounce much quicker, usually not even reading the headline.
    The research also shows though that if you have the same person look away, locking gaze with another aspect on the site (such as the headline), than the bounce rate decreases and that headline is even more likely to be read.  
    @Craig, I remember you saying the exact same thing in a previous discussion last year so I thought you would find this interesting.

I remember talking about this back in college. The reason for that a certain percent in America suffer from fears.It has nothing to do with distractions. Which is why  we were  taught that when you speak to a customer you don`t stare  at the customer dead in the eyes, you stare at them between the eye-brows. I lessens the fear and intimidation during a presentation and while you`re trying to close a deal..
  • Options
    mothercaresmothercares subscriber Posts: 1
    Hello All!
           I`m back again. Remember I had the issue with sales..........there were none and I couldn`t seem to talk with the decision makers? Also I had my old site critiqued? That having been said, I have a new site and my sales all of a sudden went through the ROOF! All the people I had talked with that seemed to be giving me the run around..............get this were THE BUYERS! They just started calling out of no where.

Now I want you all to give me some feedback on the new site, it`s missing something not sure what. Keep in mind it`s mainly a site for retailers and buyers, not a REAL commerce site although I do have a consumers page to buy...........but not at the wholesale price, retail.

www.mothercares-llc.com
  • Options

Hello All!       I`m back again. Remember I had the issue with sales..........there were none and I couldn`t seem to talk with the decision makers? Also I had my old site critiqued? That having been said, I have a new site and my sales all of a sudden went through the ROOF! All the people I had talked with that seemed to be giving me the run around..............get this were THE BUYERS! They just started calling out of no where. Now I want you all to give me some feedback on the new site, it`s missing something not sure what. Keep in mind it`s mainly a site for retailers and buyers, not a REAL commerce site although I do have a consumers page to buy...........but not at the wholesale price, retail. www.mothercares-llc.com

Spam?
  • Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    It`s hard to read. The background distracts from it.No images.Most importantly ..... where do you tell what it even is?
  • Options
    It`s hard to read. The background distracts from it.No images.Most importantly ..... where do you tell what it even is?

Are you referring to my site or the spammer above your post?