WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How Would You Market My Website?

consumertreehouseconsumertreehouse subscriber Posts: 11
edited July 2008 in Marketing
I own a consumer based website that provides the public with the latest recall information, product reviews, and forums for now, but within 6 months or so there will be other features added.
I am at a loss when it comes to the correct path I should take when it comes to marketing?
From what I have been told my site is very user-friendly and easy to navigate. If it would help to take a look at my site you can follow the link in my signature.
You`ve helped me before so I am hoping that you can do it again.
Thank you in advance.

Comments

• SERGIOSERGIO subscriber Posts: 16
    I would use guerrilla marketing, free sites to be specific myspace,facebook,blogger,wordpress,forums,youtube anywhere you can post info about your website and ad a link to your website. I like this method because its free and it keeps working as long as the accounts stay active. thats how i would do it online.
  • JodyGabourieJodyGabourie subscriber Posts: 0

I think that building your credibility and trustworthiness is very important - and especially for a website such as yours.  Also, your target group is going to be pretty diverse and hard to pinpoint accurately - at least at the beginning stage.

I would use the advice of all of the previous repliers.  Use the online article submission sites (just choose a handful to start with) and online PR services to start getting your name/website out there and start being seen as an important and credible resource.

Because your site content lends itself very effectively to word-of-mouth (we all pass along information about good stuff/products and bad/defective ones amongst our friends and colleagues), I would put up a Facebook page right away as well.  Post your news releases as a community services and you`ll have people passing around your Facebook information in a flash.

Yes, some of this can be quite time-consuming - that`s why I would recommend starting with Facebook first and then adding more social sites as your time/resources allow.  You can also use the services of a VA (as already noted!) to help you with the article formatting and submitting.  I use a VA for my article submissions, online PR, blog postings and I will be soon for my Facebook.

Good luck and keep us posted!
    Jody

Jody Gabourie The Small Business Marketing Coach

www.jodygabouriemarketingcoach.com