Funding for a creative startup

kamolahykamolahy subscriber Posts: 27
edited February 2007 in Startup Funding
The company I`m currently working on is a creative company. I know that in most instances, investors are typically people who have worked in the same field as the business they are potentially funding. However, there seems to be a lack of investors of this sort. Does anyone know how I could go about this?

Comments

• kamolahykamolahy subscriber Posts: 27
    Sorry for the ambiguity! I think I was trying to talk to someone when I was writing it!It`s a company that does creative work. We have a way of pulling in revenues, but it`s variable based on the job. Therefore, I don`t know how easy it will be to project accurately. It`s hard to explain, but I think it would be like getting investment capital for a design firm or a creative agency. That`s what I mean by "creative".
  • robertjrobertj Tampa Bay, Floridasubscriber Posts: 0 Member
    The company I`m currently working on is a creative company. I know that in most instances, investors are typically people who have worked in the same field as the business they are potentially funding. However, there seems to be a lack of investors of this sort. Does anyone know how I could go about this?
    While it is true that venture firms and angel groups tend to favor projects where they have familiarity and "comfort of knowledge" - I`m not certain that there are no investors for a "creative" company. Our experience indicates that capital (investors or lenders) don`t "show up" until the project is ready.
    Would you consider an advertising agency as a creative company?
    Robert Johnson