WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

New Idea Feedback Needed

cdbartworkcdbartwork subscriber Posts: 11
edited March 2008 in Selecting a Business
Here is my idea...since I am a recruiter I see a lot of resumes from recent college grads applying for admin positions. With the cost of a college education where it is, these grads should be thinking about different career choices. Although I am in the engineering field, I know what hiring managers are looking for and therefore I can put this in a nice package. I am now trying to determine do I market to the parent/child while the student is in high school or freshman year college. Do I market to the high school and college? Some of my thoughts and questions. Feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    I guess I wasn`t real clear. I have spoken to many of these college grads who are really looking for something in their field but end up settling for an admin/secretarial position; both men and women. I would propose to parents, student, college career center; information and skills necessary to reach their desired career choice. I would steer them in the direction of the right internship, summer job, how to incorporate their interests into their resume. Summer jobs are critical to the eye of the hiring manager and I feel that most young people will go for the waiter/waitress job over the more serious job, related to their field. Based on this, I don`t see this as being a resume service but more a consulting service. What do you think?
  • Options
    I`m thinking this type of thing might do much better as a book--maybe an ebook, or a printed one. That way it could be "out there," generating some money, and you could be doing other things as well, right?
    Craig:

I had not thought of the above, and it certainly sounds like I should think about this further. This is an idea that has been rambling around for a number of months, still in the incubator stage and I appreciate the feedback when I can still mold the concept.

Thanks.

Colleen