Using wavers on the corner?

crockertaxcrockertax Posts: 1subscriber
edited August 2007 in Marketing
In California I see "wavers" on the corner directing traffic to new home developments.  I`ve also seen Liberty Tax use costumed wavers as well.  What are some opinions about this type of marketing??
Kasey
Crocker Tax Co.
www.crockertax.com</A>

Comments

• GrillCharmerGrillCharmer Posts: 7subscriber
    Personally, if the waver is out there having a good time, (and I`ve totally seen some people out there "gettin down!") then I must admit, it puts a smile on my face.  If it`s an animal, my kids ALWAYS bring it to my attention, but having said all that, I can`t say my buying power was moved in a certain direction because of one.
  • iouone2iouone2 Posts: 14subscriber

ElidS
    ... great info.Yes... I get suckered into looking when I see a waver. I think it goes back to our hunter, gather and `hide from things with big teeth` days. The fact that something moved made me look.That can be good if what I end up looking at is powerful enough to draw me into the store. (because that means pulling onto a side street, finding parking, and all that. ). But one thing is for sure... If I didn`t know the business was there... I do now. Even if I don`t decide to stop.Although I can say I would rather have my employee doing that than playing games on the computer... what employer wouldn`t? At the same time, some employees would come unglued if they were all of  a sudden... forced to do it.
  • LogoMotivesLogoMotives Posts: 15subscriber
    "Wavers" have never persuaded me to visit any retail location. I think it gives a "going out business" impression and that`s never likely to be a place I`d frequent.- J.