WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Using wavers on the corner?

crockertaxcrockertax subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2007 in Marketing
In California I see "wavers" on the corner directing traffic to new home developments.  I`ve also seen Liberty Tax use costumed wavers as well.  What are some opinions about this type of marketing??
Kasey
Crocker Tax Co.
www.crockertax.com</A>

Comments

• Options
    GrillCharmerGrillCharmer subscriber Posts: 7
    Personally, if the waver is out there having a good time, (and I`ve totally seen some people out there "gettin down!") then I must admit, it puts a smile on my face.  If it`s an animal, my kids ALWAYS bring it to my attention, but having said all that, I can`t say my buying power was moved in a certain direction because of one.
  • Options
    iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14

ElidS
    ... great info.Yes... I get suckered into looking when I see a waver. I think it goes back to our hunter, gather and `hide from things with big teeth` days. The fact that something moved made me look.That can be good if what I end up looking at is powerful enough to draw me into the store. (because that means pulling onto a side street, finding parking, and all that. ). But one thing is for sure... If I didn`t know the business was there... I do now. Even if I don`t decide to stop.Although I can say I would rather have my employee doing that than playing games on the computer... what employer wouldn`t? At the same time, some employees would come unglued if they were all of  a sudden... forced to do it.
  • Options
    LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    "Wavers" have never persuaded me to visit any retail location. I think it gives a "going out business" impression and that`s never likely to be a place I`d frequent.- J.