WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Why is it difficult for small businesses to get loans?

SurekhagoreSurekhagore subscriber Posts: 16 Bronze Level Member

Why is it difficult for small businesses to get loans?

Comments

• Options
    LocalBuilderLDLocalBuilderLD subscriber Posts: 2 Member

Typically its because you have less information to provide, such as having little to no credit history. I don't know if you have a small business or if you're just curious but id need more details to help more specifically. You could always take a look at some articles and blogs to get your small business started. Id suggest having a look at stuff like Quickbooks and I24 for useful blogs.

• Options
    ryan_masslightryan_masslight subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member

If you want an option other than a loan you can try applying to MassLight. We're currently seeking new startups to enroll in our build-for-equity program. We invest capital and software engineers in exchange for equity. We even often take on CTO roles with the startups we invest in.

We're located in Washington D.C. and can work with startups based in the US, Canada, and Europe. We also have mentors available to guide founders through an array of topics. If this sounds like something you would be interested in please message me with any questions or apply on our website.