WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Kick the Stereotype-3 Tips to Manage CEO Stress

mcdaccgincmcdaccginc subscriber Posts: 3 Member

Hi all, working as a leader/entrepreneur/Ceo for over 10 years, I've felt it all. Ridiculous levels of stress I didn't know what to do with it. But through some trial and some error I've learned that as leaders, stress will come with the territory. I put together this blog not too long ago, take a look and I hope this helps!

"With entire organizations and powerful shareholders constantly counting on you to make lucrative decisions, the appearance of stress wastes no time making a permanent home in your mind and body.

Stress, while an inevitable part of life, jumps from acting as a harmless energy burst to an extraordinary toxic hinderance within a matter of minutes. Add on a higher level role with even more people counting on you, and this pressure multiplies by the second. Although not a cause for alarm at first, incorrectly handled stress begins to affect your decision making abilities, and ongoing mishandling of it can cause significant effects by weakening your immune system, causing high blood pressure, fatigue, depression, anxiety and even heart disease.

However, there is advantage to handling stress.

Working with many CEO’s from a vast array of organizations, it became evident that stress-when taught how to be properly managed-actually serves as a vital tool to keeping a competitive edge.

Here, we are going to share 3 Important Tips to Manage your Stress

#1. Quit Saying Stress is Killing you: The moment you begin uttering phrases under your breath regarding your negative idea surrounding stress, you’ve already set a pessimistic tone, shifting any additional elements from opportunity to burden. Individuals serving as CEO in every industry regularly experience some form of stress, it’s a part of life, however, it’s how you handle these certain challenges that separates you from the rest. For example, instead of perceiving this feeling as an unrelenting weight on your shoulders, view it as a strategic device to further improve the way you work and your decision making abilities. Instead of shrugging your shoulders and entering a negative frame of mind, use this pressure in a valuable way to push through doors and create more opportunity. By making minor adjustments to improve your relationship with stress, you’ve not only gained a competitive edge over others, 

You can read the rest at our website: mcdaccginc.com

Tagged: