WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Fear of starting

AnfisaAnfisa subscriber Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2021 in Business Planning

Hey everyone!

I started studying business. I want to create my online shop and known many theory in this theam, but scared to start practice. My fears stop me. I'm afraid of what will work and what will not work...

It will cool if you tell about your experience or may be lifehacks. It would be interesting how you started development in this area.

Comments

• Options
    Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member

Hi @Anfisa

There is nothing to afraid of. I would say 'just do it'. What business do you have in mind?

The risk is pretty low if you are dealing with only digital products (like ebook, software..etc). You can be a marketer or affiliate to promote these products and get a commission. Therefore, you can have zero inventory cost or development cost.

Setting up a website is pretty easy with WordPress, Drupal or Joomla. You can search all these very easily with Youtube or enroll in free/paid online courses. On the other hand, what you need is a domain name which you can get it for about $8 or 9 (.com). While, you can get web hosting for free (like 000webhost.com, freehostia.com....etc) but limited features, or subscribe to a low cost hosting plan, $1 per month (like owebhost.com) or go for bigger players like GoDaddy, Dreamhost..etc. The price could be $4-8 per month, or maybe you can get at cheaper price during promotional period (sign up as new customer for 36-month plan). Depends on your budget. But, usually you do not need unlimited domains, subdomains, databases, space and bandwidth. Just subscribe what you need and upgrade later. Save some money for marketing campaign.

Therefore, the cost to develop is really minimal, so nothing much to be afraid of. What you really need is to invest a lot , a lot and a lot of time to learn building a site (if you choose to DIY) and marketing your website for business. Else, you can hire someone to build a site for you (probably $50-$100).

Hope that helps.

Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• Options
    digitalwaiterdigitalwaiter subscriber Posts: 9 Member

which business you want to start ?

• Options

Hey @Tuah Bao

Thanks for your reply!

I'm sorry it took so long to answer. I was busy.

I will definitely use your advice, it was helpful.

I want to start selling ​​small useful things. I have some ideas. For example, bicycle accessories or hobby items. (I'm not completely sure and a little shy, so I can't say what exactly)

I think for a start, I should clearly choose what I want to sell. And then become more confident and patient!

• Options

I want to start selling ​​small useful things. I have some ideas. For example, bicycle accessories or hobby items