WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

starting a business

madebyalexysmadebyalexys subscriber Posts: 1 Member

hi i am planning on opening my small business, i will be crafting, next month (april 2021) and am looking for any advice on marketing, how to create website, business licenses, advertisements to consider, etc. i have created a shopify as well as an etsy but have been told to create my own personal website, is that a good idea? any tips or advice from other small business owners that have gone through this or anyone that has knowledge on the subject is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member

HI @madebyalexys ,

All the information you need are widely available over the internet. Just Google for 'marketing', 'advertisement', 'web design' then you can find plenty of sources.

No forgetting Youtube channel, you can also learn from there. Also, you can go to Udemy, Skillshare...etc to sign up for both paid and free courses.

Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/

• copytisercopytiser subscriber Posts: 2 Member

Hey @madebyalexys

I am so glad that you have made the decision to start your own business and even have began to take action.

On "how to create a website", I agree with @Tuah Bao that there are lot of videos and contents already made on this topic using wordpress/ wix/ squarespace and other easy website builders.

But anyway, I can surely help you out in how to write website sales copy, that will help you convert your leads into loyal customers in a well structured way. Just let me know.

On "Should you consider advertising" I would say if you want controlled traffic, more leads and have a bigger budget as compared to normal beginner then you should. And incase budget is the major issue for you, focus on SEO and quality content marketing; use social media to connect with prospects and build personal brand.

And lastly, building personal website is surely benificial if you are looking to promote yourself as a brand. Other than that I don't think it is that much of a priority for a beginner e-com because most of your traffic would be directly send to your shopify website/blog.

Happy Marketing!

- Asif Ali

(Sales Funnel Copywriter and Marketing Strategist)

copyofasif@gmail.com